Nordic Semiconductor is the market leader in Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity, with a growing portfolio of wireless devices, LTE-M and NB-IoT being the latest augmentation. Our SoC products are used by world leading brands in a wide variety of applications, including wireless PC peripherals, gaming, sports and fitness, mobile phone accessories, consumer electronics, toys, healthcare and automation.
We are an IC design house designing chips from first principles to final silicon product. We have exceptional design expertise and a highly-skilled workforce. We welcome talented, experienced engineers from across the globe and offer cutting-edge R&D facilities, a company and products with global reach and impact, and a stimulating environment in which excellence is fostered and prized.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for proficient embedded software developers for protocol software development. In this role you will contribute to development of TLS, TCP/IP, and other protocols for tightly integrated low power cellular IoT chipsets.
You will work as part of a highly skilled SW development team and co-operate closely with other Nordic Semiconductor SW teams and other technology teams. We offer an exciting working environment where you can make a difference and contribute to the success of the company.
- Analysis of relevant specifications and standards
- Design, development, testing, and maintenance of protocol software
- Target environments are resource constrained cellular IoT chipsets
- Troubleshooting of issues from system and certification testing and from the field
- Collaborating with other development, certification, and field testing teams
- M.Sc or B.Sc in Computer engineering, Electrical Engineering or Telecommunication, with relevant experience
- Good programming skills in C. Experience of Python is a benefit
- Good knowledge of TLS/DTLS/TCP/UDP/IP and related analysis tools. Profound knowledge of some of those protocols is a clear benefit
- Experience of embedded (hard) real-time systems, RTOS, scheduling and optimization
- Debugging experience in embedded SW environments
- 3GPP LTE Cat M1 and NB-IoT knowledge is benefit
- Highly motivated and result oriented contributor with ability to create new solutions
- Competitive salary with bonus plan
- Insurance plan
- Flexible working hours
- Family friendly policies
- Employees’ sports and social club, multiple social activities throughout the year
About Nordic Semiconductor:
Nordic Semiconductor specializes in ultra-low power wireless communication supporting Bluetooth® low energy, Bluetooth Mesh, ANT+, 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.15.4, Thread, Zigbee and LTE-M/NB-IoT. The company’s award-winning and highly flexible SoCs are employed by some of the world’s leading brands in a variety of IoT applications like beacons, smart home, wearables, as well as wireless keyboard and mouse, game controllers, sports equipment, toys and medical equipment. Nordic’s development tools provide developers with an ideal starting point and ready-built design framework to accelerate development of IoT products. Its software architecture features a unique and powerful separation between protocol stack and user application code providing application developers maximum flexibility, ease-of-development, and code safety. High quality documentation and firmware are available to download on www.nordicsemi.com.  ;
Ask questions, share info and be inspired on https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/questions/ .
Working for Nordic Semiconductor, you will be challenged and supported. Our teams enjoy a professional, informal working environment and we value and encourage continuous development of skills and expertise to the very highest levels, through in-house opportunities and external training. A close-knit, highly-skilled, international work-force, we are proud of our Norwegian heritage, world-leading innovation and professional excellence.
LOCATION: Oulu, Finland
For more information, please contact Head of Software, Mr. Vesa Pellikka, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated confidentially.