If you have the right mix of curiosity, a drive for excellence and an innovative mindset, we want to talk to you.
We are looking for a toxicologist to support PSRA (Product Stewardship & Regulatory Affairs) activities for both regulatory compliance and product stewardship in our Global Regulatory Excellence Team.
In this position you provide toxicological expertise to comply with chemical legislations and application specific requirements. This means e.g. providing input and defining strategies on the testing requirements, conducting toxicological hazard & risk assessments related to chemical and biocidal registrations globally (EU-REACH, K-REACH, TSCA) and evaluating compliance with application specific requirements (drinking water, food contact) from the toxicological point of view. You need to be able to evaluate the toxicological impact of the regulatory requirements in Kemira product and raw material portfolio and bring input to business cases.
To succeed in this position, you need to be able to manage and coordinate several projects simultaneously. You need strong communication skills to be able to make the toxicological issues understood by different stakeholders within the PSRA, within the company and within our external stakeholders. Essential part in this role is also networking and contributing to the relevant industry association working groups. It is beneficial if you also have understanding or experience from ecotoxicology. This is a global role with your location being either Helsinki or Frankfurt.
What we offer:
- Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Increasing your abilities and skills in various area
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market
- Attractive benefit package
- Great, multicultural and positive working environment
What you need:
- University degree (M.Sc. or B.Sc.) preferably in chemistry, environmental sciences, toxicology or another applicable field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of toxicology or closely related Product Safety, Product Stewardship and/or Regulatory affairs role
- Strong stakeholder management skills with readiness to influence efficiently
- Understanding on chemical regulatory frameworks and mechanisms related to chemical registrations
- Experience on regulatory advocacy and collaboration with regulatory authorities
- Fluency in Business English (written and oral), other languages beneficial
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to interact across organizations and represent Kemira towards regulatory authorities and consultants
- Analytical mindset with capabilities to interpret and translate the regulatory requirements into actionable plans and conclusions
- Additional benefit from ecotoxicology experience
Find the right mix of experiences and opportunities at Kemira
For more information, contact Sini Arasto, Sr. Manager, PSRA email@example.com or +358505334272 between 13-14 on weekdays.
Please apply with CV, cover letter and salary expectation no later than October 28, 2018 at www.kemira.com/careers
Kemira is an equal opportunity employer