u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global provider of leading positioning and wireless communication technologies for the automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Our solutions let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and a growing ecosystem of product supporting data services, u-blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost-effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with focus on Continuous Integration to join us in developing systems and tools for internal development process. The aim of the Continuous Integration team is to ensure the daily quality of the components developed in specialist teams. You will be part of the chain to keep u-blox as a leading supplier in the industrial and professional GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems) market.
You, as a part of our growing international team, will work on tasks which aim to improve the development process. Your daily work will include a wide range of tasks including implementation of new software features and tools. You will also contribute to debug, documentation and support activities as part of the development team.
For this role we expect interest for automation of engineering tasks to improve the SW quality. To achieve this you need to have sound problem solving skills and ability to work with variety of programming languages. You are motivated to learn new techniques quickly and willing to support others even if you need to leave your comfort zone.
Occasional travel to other u-blox sites within Europe may be required.
- Design and implement tools and scripts to improve SW quality
- Implement functionalities to fully automate build and test system
- Integrate development tools with build automation
- Support development team with development environment issues
- Analyze build issues in automated build system
- MSc/BSc in Software/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Software development experience in Java, Groovy or Python
- Basic knowledge of Jenkins or similar tools
- Flexible team player with ability and motivation to work as part of a small team
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- Other programming and scripting languages, such as PHP, Perl, Bash, C, C++
- Git version control system
- Jira issue tracking system
- Linux/Windows/Android/RTOS Operating systems
- Functional safety (ISO-26262)
- FPGA configuration
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Keywords: Programming, Jenkins, Java, Groovy, Python, Git, FPGA, Scripting, Quality