Autumn is here! And now is the perfect time to start a new week-day adventure. Do you have professional experience with cloud technologies? Are you interested in serverless architecture? If you are a high quality coder with the capacity and personality to take charge of a team down the road if needed, read on:
Helvar is a 250-person innovative lighting solutions and components company (www.helvar.com) Headquartered in Finland with offices in both Espoo and outside London UK, we develop intelligent energy efficient products and solutions for global customers in 50 countries, for a variety of applications used in hospitals, schools, office buildings, crafted for the future of the ‘Smart Building’. Our products regularly win internationally recognized lighting awards. Inside our Agile organization, we are constantly developing new IoT solutions with products ranging from our own hardware and software encompassing embedded products, mobile applications, developer APIs and cloud services.
Over the last few years we have gone through a digital renewal to foster our growth within product development and cloud-based systems, with an emphasis on digital, programmable and connected lighting control systems. We have since been developing advanced solutions including wireless, self-learning systems and sensor-based data services and analytics. Our wired and wireless lighting control systems will connect to the cloud; web user interfaces and apps will allow users to unleash the power of Helvar systems. Altogether, innovation is occurring around every corner from component development to our end-to-end systems.
As Software Engineer – Cloud Development, you will be part of a small team, working alongside similar professionals, reporting to the Finland Software Team Development Manager. Your main responsibility will be to develop software for our cloud-based platform. This platform enables our systems deployed globally to collect data from buildings which is then analyzed to provide insights such as occupancy rates, space utilization, and energy consumption to building owner and tenants. We also use the collected information for various machine learning and AI based algorithms which can predict malfunctioning devices and future occupancy predictions. Lots of cool stuff J.
You will be responsible for the designing, coding, testing and documenting of our cloud software. We heavily use serverless architecture and managed services in our solutions and we would expect you to be somewhat familiar of such services provided by the major cloud providers. This work involves close co-operation with other staff and departments both in Finland and abroad.
- Professional experience with (any) cloud services, preferably AWS
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases: Cloud hosted, managed databases such as DynamoDB, DocumentDB from Microsoft, RDS, AWS Aurora etc
- Should be familiar with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of network programming, wireless technologies & distributed systems
- Knowledge of serverless architecture and microservices
- Experience in agile and test-driven development
- Prior experience or knowledge of various AWS managed services or similar such as Lambda, SNS, SES, S3, API Gateway, Cognito etc.
- An efficient coder with an understanding of algorithmic efficiency, data structures and object-oriented programming along with modern design patterns
- Passionate about delivering an outstanding experience
- Eager to learn and try new things
- Self-driven & Easygoing
A Career at Helvar gives you an opportunity to be part of the rapidly changing lighting industry. You will have wide responsibilities and various opportunities to influence research and development and to ensure our customers get the best product and service experience from us. At Helvar, we support you in your development as a professional. In our organization, an individual can really make a difference!