Swiss-based u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is the global leader in wireless and positioning semiconductors for the automotive, industrial and consumer markets. Our solutions enable people, vehicles and machines to locate their exact position and wirelessly communicate via voice, text or video. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules and software solutions, u-blox is uniquely positioned to allow OEMs to develop innovative solutions that enable mobility quickly and cost-effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, u-blox is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia and the USA.
Software Developer (High Precision Positioning)
As a Navigation Software Design Engineer at u-blox you are responsible for the heart of u-blox’s cutting edge navigation devices. With your experience and profound knowledge in the domain of GNSS navigation you are the specialist for high precision positioning techniques like Precise Point Positioning and RTK. You should be familiar with the complex ambiguity resolution algorithms and the generation, transmission and application of correction data represented either in the state (SSR) or observation space (OSR). You are able to draft new technical concepts, evaluate their feasibility and derive specifications for new features of a GNSS receiver firmware. Capitalizing on your profound programming skills you efficiently design and implement new features into the firmware of an embedded GNSS real-time system.
You will be responsible for testing, documentation, quality control and maintenance of the source code and you support our application engineers in debugging and providing workarounds of nonconformities. As a part of our international multi-site team of specialized software developers you contribute to the next generation of u-blox’s innovative and competitive high precision navigation systems.
- Realization of feasibility studies, drafting of technical concepts and preparation of specifications for new features of the GNSS receiver firmware
- Design, implementation and testing of new features
- Contribution to or technical lead of research and development projects
- Preparation of technical documentation
- Quality control and error analysis
- Providing workarounds or fixes for bugs and nonconformities
- PhD or MS in geodesy, applied mathematics, electrical engineering or similar
- Solid knowledge and experience in GNSS technology and related technology
- Knowledge of high precision positioning techniques
- Profound scientific and engineering skills, hands-on and problem solving
- Experience with mathematical and physical models
- Solid C/C++ skills
Knowledge in the following areas:
- Matlab / Simulink, Python or Perl
- Embedded software development
- Version control (Git)
- Digital signal processing and satellite communications
- MS Visual Studio or similar development environment
- Ability to work as a member of bigger projects
- Flexible team player
- Good communication skills in English (oral and written)
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
Position available In: Espoo, Finland, Thalwil, Switzerland, Reigate, UK
Keywords: Matlab, Kalman Filter, GNSS, C, C++, Perl, Python, geodesy, signal processing