We are looking for Senior Web Developer to join Trimble CEC Software Engineering team in Finland. This position is permanent and full-time position located at Trimble Solutions headquarters in Espoo, Finland. This is a great opportunity for a pioneer-minded developer who wants to be in front row in developing state-of-art software for construction industry.
Trimble CEC Software Division is responsible for creating software and ecosystem that transform the way the civil construction industry works. Our software and systems cover the whole construction continuum from early sketching to construction and maintenance of infrastructures.
We offer you:
- Possibility to be a pioneer in creating cutting edge solutions for global markets
- Challenging and interesting work with the latest technologies
- International and multicultural working environment where globally distributed teams contribute towards common goals
- Possibility to develop your skills further and grow as a top professional
Your responsibilities will include to:
- Perform software engineering tasks within the process framework established for the ongoing development of applications and products. Contribute to the continuous improvement of these processes.
- Collaborate with the product team, application domain experts (e.g., application engineers, technical marketing) and with customers, to establish achievable requirements.
- Collaborate with the product team to identify/clarify project goals, establish useful milestones, and develop a breakdown of the engineering tasks to be performed.
- Create software designs, and implement and test those designs to meet established requirements.
- Participate in technical and design reviews as required by the application framework.
- Generate design documents, source code, and other work products necessary for the ongoing success of the product(s).
- Works independently or with quality assurance team to plan and execute product testing.
- Understand and provide solutions for cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility requirements.
- Have a pulse on industry trends in web design, mobile and user experience and share insights with team.
- Be passionate about UI development, User Experience (UX) and articulate it well.
We expect from you:
- Strong design and development experience in creating responsive web applications accessible on desktop browsers and mobile devices.
- Knowledge of AJAX concepts, communication protocols and data services like RESTful APIs is very important.
- Mastering software development fundamentals like Object-Oriented Programming, Model View Controller, Design Patterns, and Algorithms.
- Experience with tools required in a development lifecycle — build (Babel, Webpack), unit testing (Karma, Jasmine, Jest, Protractor) and code quality (ESLint, Sonar), version control (Git), task and defect management (Jira), Agile development methodologies.
- M.Sc./B.Sc. level degree in Computer Science/Engineering or an equivalent degree.
- Initiative by nature, good collaboration skills and willingness to work with cross located global teams, occasionally also at irregular hours.
A big plus would be experience with:
- Building mobile applications
- Developing Geographic Information System (GIS) applications with 2D-3D visualization
- Using mapping libraries like Leaflet, OpenLayers or Google Maps
- Using Amazon Web Services or Azure.
For more information please contact Vesa Kovalainen, tel. +358 40 5875431 at 12-13 on Tuesdays.
If you feel this could be your job, please don’t hesitate to send your application and résumé with salary request via the application form as soon as possible, December 2 at the latest.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.