Kalmar keeps global trade moving. Our innovative solutions contribute to every fourth container movement in the world and help transform the future of cargo handling. We believe in collaboration, delivering on our promises and that people make the difference.
Making your next move count
Kalmar Terminal Solutions division is looking for C++ on-board solution developers to join our team in Tampere. You will change the way that both Kalmar and our customers do business and help reshaping our industry forever.
We offer you a great opportunity to expand your skills, grow with the company and a chance to work with our multicultural teams while being part of our parent company Cargotec, with technical competence centres in the USA, Europe, Australia and India.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Focus on developing new software products that will enable container terminals to become fully automated over time
- Collaborate with a highly skilled group of architects, designers and product managers to deliver innovative solutions.
What you’ll need to succeed:
If you are a real team player, eager to experience something new and exciting and on top of this all want to make products that will change our industry – let us hear from you!
Ideally you have:
- Sc. or B.Sc. in Software Engineering or Automation Information Technology
- Strong competence in C++, knowledge of Tcl and Haskell is advantage
- Experience of (Linux or Unix) OS and embedded system development
- Knowledge of fieldbuses and experience of sensors (lasers, radars, cameras) is advantage
- Proven skills of software development
- Experience in Agile development methods
- Good communication skills in English
- Excellent problem solving skills.
You will be part of:
We believe in our people as it is our people who really make the difference. We always work in close collaboration with our customers, deliver on our promises and never walk away no matter how big the challenge. We succeed because we do it together.
With us, you will have the opportunity to realise your potential and become an important member of our global team.
Interested to join?
For further information please contact Deniz Eren, Principle Engineer (Australia) by phone at +61400307762 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Petteri Kylliäinen, Senior Manager, Software Development (Finland) by phone at +358408479312 or by email at email@example.com
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your application with salary request and CV by 31.08.2019.
Kalmar is part of Cargotec
Kalmar offers the widest range of cargo handling solutions and services to ports, terminals, distribution centres and to the heavy industry. Kalmar is the industry forerunner in terminal automation and in energy efficient container handling, with one in four container movements around the globe being handled by a Kalmar solution. Through its extensive product portfolio, global service network and ability to enable a seamless integration of different terminal processes, Kalmar improves the efficiency of every move. www.kalmarglobal.com
Kalmar is part of Cargotec Corporation. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2018 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 12,000 people. www.cargotec.com