SYNOSTE is seeking for a senior software developer who believes that his/her competences in embedded software development can add value in design of novel active implant solutions for orthopedics and spine. You would join our brilliant, experienced and easy going 10 people product development team in Espoo, Finland. These positions are rarely open!
We at SYNOSTE want to ensure that patients have access to a reliable and patient friendly treatment for correcting their skeletal disorder such as leg length difference or their scoliotic spine. In order to achieve that we use our engineering competences in smart materials, wireless energy transfer and mechanisms to design novel active implants for such treatments.
Our journey began in 2007 at the current Aalto University where three engineering students started to research possibilities of using smart materials in treatment of bone deformities. The Finnish company SYNOSTE Oy was established in 2012 and today we are proudly a family member of Globus Medical Inc, a US based market leading solution provider for musculoskeletal disorders known for its rapid innovation and aggressive growth. Globus Medical has a broad product portfolio covering spinal and orthopedic disorders, joint reconstruction, surgical robots and biologics.
SYNOSTE’s recent highlights include leg lengthening of its first set of clinical trial patients and, despite COVID-19, a successful transaction with Globus Medical in this May.
Our Espoo office including two research labs is located in Spektri Business Park (Pohjois-Tapiola), which is modern, has a well-equipped gym and two excellent restaurants.
- Key role in entire product software lifecycle of an active implantable device from architectural design to product release
- Develop embedded medical software for SYNOSTE’s products as well as for production testers
- Develop and improve SYNOSTE’s software development infrastructure and working practices in alignment with the parent company
- Link in matters of software competence between SYNOSTE and Globus Medical
- Coordinate outsourced software projects
- Suitable education, e.g. MSc in SW engineering
- 10+ years of experience architecting, building, and maintaining software systems
- Strong knowledge in C coding
- Experience in design, development, and testing of embedded multi-threaded real time systems
- Experience of medical software development under IEC 62304
- Purchasing & management of outsourced projects
- Knowledge of and experience in applying software best practices
- Team work skills
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with any of the following is regarded as plus
- Electronics and hardware knowledge to understand and troubleshoot at the firmware/hardware interface
- Leadership (formal or informal), Scrum Master, or similar
- UI development with Qt
- Experience with other languages such as Python
- Modern data management tools incl. relational databases (SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Good knowledge of Version control systems including Git
Antti Ritvanen, product development director
firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 50 3462933
Antti is one of the three founders of SYNOSTE and biomedical engineer by training. He has deep understanding about the medical applications and is strong is system thinking as well as in project management. Antti leads a team with senior level electronics and mechanics designers, who work closely with a surgeon design team. The Senior Software Engineer will report to him.
Mobile phone, modern gym available