Dispelix Oy is an internationally recognized company, specialized in augmented reality display modules and waveguides, with our own self-developed unique methods of making the best see-through displays available on the market. We were recently listed among the most promising startups in the world by Bloomberg, being the only company from Finland on the list. Dispelix Oy was founded 2015 and is a fast-growing company with 57 employees. We have four locations now including offices in Joensuu, Oulu, the Head Quarters in Espoo and Dispelix Inc in the United States.
Senior optical engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated senior optical engineer to develop new concepts for miniaturized light engines and objective lenses used in near to eye display (NED) projectors. The successful candidate should have a solid background in lens design including optimization and tolerancing with Zemax/Code V (or similar), illumination optics, display panels and prototype manufacturing with subcontractors. You benefit of having additional technical expertise in active alignment, diffractive optics, coherence optics, 3D CAD modelling and/or product development.
- Research, develop and design new optical solutions for next generation NED projectors
- Perform tolerance analysis for lens systems and derive manufacturing tolerances for subcontractors
- Lead prototype manufacturing and assembly with external partners
- Work with technicians and other engineers to integrate relevant theory, compile requirements and coordinate design reviews
- Assist the quality control team in development of new optical measurement systems
- MS degree or higher in Optical Engineering, Physics or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in lens design with Zemax or Code V
- 5+ years of experience in prototyping of optical lens systems
- Ability to independently conduct development projects with external partners
- Comfortable with R&D and start-up working dynamics
- Comfortable with remote work and traveling
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Perseverance, proactive problem solving and staying on top of issues at all times should feel natural to you
You should have good communication skills, open attitude and courageous mind so that you can successfully fill your position.
We offer an exciting international work environment and a highly talented world-class team beside you. We encourage and support each person in our team to develop themselves for future challenges. The position is full-time and starts as agreed. The vacancy is open until January 31st 2021, or until we have found a suitable candidate to fill the position, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Come and join our growing team on the leading edge of a rapidly growing augmented reality industry!
Apply by sending your Cover Letter and compact CV and a salary request by January 31st 2021.
Juuso Olkkonen, email@example.com