We are looking for a
to join our Operations Team in Salo.
At Nordic ID we are committed to strengthening sourcing and supply chain capability to support strategic growth. We are currently seeking a Senior buyer with background in consumer products and / or electronics manufacturing. In your role you will be part of our Operations team and report directly to Sourcing Manager. You will be working in close co-operation with internal stakeholders as well as external manufacturing partners. The position is based in our headquarters in Salo, Finland.
Job description and responsibilities
- supplier relationship management
- achieving cost savings through negotiations, selecting new suppliers, raw material and component market knowledge, escalated quality cases and streamlining the supply chain
- purchasing components, materials, equipment and services
- bill of materials, product cost optimization, should cost management
- stock level optimization
- availability and delivery management
- developing supplier management program including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives
- purchasing process development work
- participating in sourcing strategy creation
- Bachelor's or College degree in either a business or a technical discipline
- 5+ years of purchasing experience
- Experience from electronics, electromechanics and mechanics procurement
- Track record of cost saving and successful negotiations
- Experience in supporting R&D projects from concepting through product launch to end of life
- Supplier selection together with involved departments
- ERP (preferably MS Navision) and other related software and office systems
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English
This position offers you an exceptional opportunity to benefit from your procurement experience and possibilities to grow further as a professional within versatile areas of businesses in a flat organization where everyone’s contribution makes a difference.
Nordic ID is a fast-growing Nasdaq-listed Finnish technology company. Our real-time item tracking and locating solutions support customers to manage their material flows. We have over 30 years of experience in creating world class devices and solutions for item management. Company turnover in FY2018 was 8,9 mEUR.
For more information, please contact Jyrki Kuusisto, Sourcing Manager, +358 40 6802558 or email@example.com
Please, send your application including cover letter and salary request to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28.02.2019. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed continuously during the application period, so please send your application as soon as possible.