We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent – want to join the ride?
In Wärtsilä Global Information Management (IM) we are integrating Processes, Systems and Information to support our businesses to achieve better results.
Our Global ERP Team is set to deliver the Wärtsilä ERP Vision for 2025: Operational insight and strategic foresight is transformed into business intelligence in an optimized user experience provided by a smart, streamlined and connected SAP landscape.
To achieve this, we will hire a development minded person with professional ambitions and social skills as an SAP Platform Architect and Technology Architect.
You will be in a key role designing the future Wärtsilä SAP ecosystem and your tasks include technical strategy planning and execution.
Possible locations for this position are our IM locations in Finland (Helsinki/Vaasa/Turku). In this position you will be part of a team of Solution and Platform Architects and report to GM, Global ERP Architecture and Platform.
We will offer you the possibility to be in a driving seat for:
- SAP landscape technical design including Wärtsilä S/4HANA transformation technical architecture and implementation
- SAP (on-premise, SaaS and PaaS) solutions technical design and high level overlooking of the related implementation
- Advise business development initiatives on the technical approach for systems integrating to the SAP ecosystem
- oS/4HANA and other SAP (e.g. SaaS and PaaS) solutions technical operational responsibility
- Co-operate with our basis team on the SAP ecosystem and provider partner management
- Define and manage the SAP landscape: Intranet, PaaS, SaaS solutions
- Estimate and plan work effort relating to SAP Basis activities and technical architecture components
- Plan and manage SAP systems maintenance schedule and technical changes
- Plan and support execution of the latest SAP systems versions
- Support in SAP Backup and Recovery
- Support in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Co-operate with authorization team and audit teams on licensing and auditing tasks
- Support M&A’s, carve-outs and similar projects
- A relevant bachelor’s or master's degree in IT or business combined with 8+ years of relevant SAP platform experience
- Experience in crafting SAP domain specific IT strategy, planning and execution
- A working knowledge of different architectural frameworks and their implications
- Experience in presentation of architectural differences between solution methods and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms
- System landscape design and management experience in operations and project scenarios
- Proficiency in business process development, process integration & orchestration and technical solution design
- End-to-end cycle SAP ERP implementation experience, from project preparation through go-live
- Experience in integrating (PaaS and SaaS solutions) services to an on-premise SAP deployment
- Have knowledge about the SAP HANA ecosystem (HANA DB, S/4HANA, SAP Cloud Platform) and the associated architecture and roadmap
Phone: +358 50 571 8840
Last application date: 31/01/2020
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com