R&D Software Architect, ABB Oy, HelsinkiJoin ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for an experienced and innovative Software Architect to join our team at ABB Oy, Drives business line in Helsinki. You will be working in an innovative R&D environment, being part of the digitalization of Drives SW Tool portfolio. You will work in close collaboration with your colleagues and with the industry's leading technologies.
- You take a role as Software Architect overseeing several Drive related SW Tools, which include e.g. commissioning, virtualization, maintenance, application building.
- You are involved in every stage of the design process, from requirements to final product testing.
- Taking ownership of the high-level designs and technical aspects of the software applications.
- Participating in build infrastructure and process development.
- Contributing to research and development (R&D) projects with own, creative ideas.
- Working as a reliable senior R&D member being able to guide more junior developers and offering assistance to co-workers.
- Participating constructively in working teams.
- Consulting team members and external stake holders to gain information and knowledge.
- Seeking co-operation across organizational borders.
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Computer Science or similar degree or equivalent experience.
- Several years of experience developing windows desktop applications in .NET C#.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented programming and languages like C++, and some knowledge of structured programming languages like C.
- Experience with common software development tools: GIT, TFS, Jenkins, Python, code analysis tools.
- Experience with UI development: WinForms and WPF.
- Knowledge of communication technologies: TCP/IP, IEC and OPC UA
- Knowledge of cloud architectures and technologies: Azure, AWS.
- You are familiar with cybersecurity aspects.
- Mobile application development background is considered as an advantage.
- You are a self-starter who is not afraid to pro-actively seek information.
- Good written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of modern agile software development methodologies, e.g. Scrum.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let's write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we're also able to offer international job opportunities.
What drives you every day? - https://youtu.be/_uJr7mTJ7KA
- A challenging position in an international working environment.
- The opportunity for personal development.
- The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
|Yhteystiedot:||If you have questions, please contact Design Manager Jari Forstadius, tel. +358 50 335 7901.|
|Työpaikan osoite:||Hiomotie 13, 00380 HELSINKI|
|Työ alkaa:||As soon as possible|
|Työn kesto:||yli 12 kuukautta|
|Jätä hakemus:||Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI67360123 by October 6, 2019 at www.abb.fi.|