R&D Principal Engineer
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
- We are looking for a R&D Principal Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will provide power electronics expert services to the new product development projects in the Drive Products business unit. We offer you an exciting position in maintaining the brand of the world's best variable speed drive manufacturer.
- Your responsibilities:
- Owning and actively developing power electronics design rules and guidelines.
- Providing power electronics expert services to the new product development projects.
- Reviewing, measuring and developing power electronics design and dimensioning practices in a new product development projects.
- Solving technical challenges by using your own solid competence in AC drive technologies.
- Working in close collaboration with other R&D experts giving your valuable feedback to the expert role development.
- Mentoring and leading younger designers by your own example and experience.
- Actively seeking new and innovative technical concepts to differentiate our products from those of competitors and increasing customer value.
- Working in close collaboration with our key component suppliers and partners.
- Your background:
- Several years' experience in the development of AC drives or corresponding experience.
- Deep understanding of power electronics design practices and components dimensioning rules in modern AC drives.
- Familiarity with latest power electronics calculation and simulation tools, such as Matlab, Simulink, Plecs, Simplorer and Maxwell.
- Knowledge of cutting edge technology and trends in the drives technology
- Understanding of different converter topologies and concept level design work
- Understanding and skills on lean R&D development
- Innovative and open-minded problem-solving approach
- Team-playing skills, self-driven and active personality
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Mastery of electromagnetic compatibility requirements is seen as advantage
- Know-how on standards related to drives is seen as an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Finnish is seen as an advantage
More about us:
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let's write the future, together.
- A versatile position in an international working environment
- The opportunity for personal and professional development
- The opportunity to ascend your career in a global company.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI68878119 by September 22, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle
If you have questions, contact Design Manager Jukka-Pekka Kittilä, tel. +385 50 332 4742.