Arctic Biomaterials Oy (ABM) is a company producing bio-based and/or biodegradable compound and composite solutions for demanding technical and medical applications. Our in-depth and specific biopolymer knowledge is also offered to our customers to develop biomaterials to meet their needs. The bioerodible glass fiber reinforced materials produced with ABM’s own technology, enables fulfilling customer needs in demanding technical and medical applications, offer a sustainable alternative to several oil-based technical plastics.
Join us on our journey to make sure we give future generations the possibility to enjoy an innovative, green and healthy planet.
We are looking for an
to strengthen our technical R&D team. You will participate in development of novel bio-based materials for various technical applications, e.g. home appliances, functional packages and disposables. We want you to manage and contribute to the innovation process and help to recognize new prospects based on consumer demands, sustainable material trends and recycling and, legislation for food contact materials. Your work will mainly consist of planning, conducting and reporting experimental work.
We offer you:
- An R&D engineer position in a fast developing and intriguing business
- An excellent overview to the whole process from an idea to a final product
- An opportunity also to participate in the present production work
- Opportunity to implement research results in product development and realization into product design
- Possibility for both independent work and team support from very experienced co-workers
- Our well fitted instrumentation for material characterization that consist of latest technology
- Chance to join a team of professionals in company culture where wellbeing is present and team spirit is recognized
What you need:
- Academic degree (BSc/MSc) in polymer or organic chemistry, polymer technology, or chemical engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in research and development of polymers and plastic manufacturing and processing
- Good knowledge in chemical synthesis/reactions is a strong advantage
- In-depth knowledge of material analysis, like structural, thermal and mechanical analysis
- Good understanding of circular economy, recycling standards
- Basic knowledge of food safety standards and legislation
- Excellent collaboration skills for team work, but also ability to work independently.
- “Can do -mind set” and natural curiosity towards new ideas.
- Creative problem solving skills, ability to interpret and accurately report results and draw conclusions.
- Fluent Finnish and English language skills, both spoken and written
Are you interested?
For more information, please email or call to R&D Director Ari Rosling (firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 40 5726951).
Times to contact by phone are July 30th 13-14 or Aug 1st 13-14.
Send your application with CV and salary request to email@example.com by 16.8.2019. Please note that we will start interviewing possible candidates already during the application time.