Did you know that 40% of the paper and board in the world is produced with Valmet Paper Machines? At Valmet we have the expertise and technology to understand our customers' production-specific paper making process throughout the entire life-cycle of the paper machine line. For the tail end of paper making process, Valmet is providing technologies and equipment, whether it is about coating, calendaring, reeling or winding technology.
Today we are looking for a Project Manager for Paper Finishing Machines in Valmet EMEA Service Operations.
As a Project Manager you will manage customer projects so that customers receive the specified deliveries according to contracts and in mutually agreed schedule. In this role, you will have an overall control and responsibility over your projects starting from the end of sales phase. You will follow the project economy and update estimates together with the controllers. In addition, you will act as the customer contact during the project execution and warranty time and participate in site execution operations (installation, start-up and customer training).
To be successful in this position, we expect you to have
- a technical education (M.Sc., B Sc. or corresponding)
- solid experience and knowledge (minimum 5 years) in project management and/or working as chief engineer in demanding customer projects
- knowledge of paper finishing machines & processes
- skills to manage multi-technology and multinational projects and project teams
- good decision making and change management skills and willingness to take the lead
- ability to cope under stress and capability to work with many projects simultaneously
- business financial understanding for decision making and management purposes
- excellent communication skills in English, other languages are a benefit
We offer you a rewarding position with a global industry leader in paper machine and service business. You will have an opportunity to work at the customer interface, work with a multi-skilled and committed team as well as grow professionally. Join our team and share the feeling of making a difference.
For additional information, please contact Kimmo Björn tel. +358 40 5139 236, email@example.com
The application period closes on 22nd of September 2019. Please fill in your electronic application form and attach your CV.
EMEA area is Valmet's biggest market area when measured by our business volume. The area comprises Europe, Russia, the Middle East and Africa and employs currently over 1700 employees.
Valmet Finland is a smoke-free company.
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 13,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers' performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how - and above all, teamwork.
Join the team! www.valmet.com/careers