Are you a designer who loves design systems, web technologies and frameworks? If yes, we have an open position for you!
Vaadin is an open-source framework with a complete set of components and tools to create modern business web applications. Behind the product is a 150 person team focused on helping users to succeed with their web apps.
We love simplicity and elegant solutions. We encourage our employees to bring up their own ideas to make our products great. You get to choose your own tools, benefit from our flexible working hours, and you will also have remote work options. We have fun together, we start our week over breakfast and have a weekly learning lunch where we discuss topics mainly related to programming.
Today we are looking for a Product Designer for a very hands-on role in our R&D team at Vaadin’s main office in Turku, Finland.
You will be working with our design system product, from sketching the first mockups to making sure all the details are implemented in the final product. You dare to take long-term ownership of the product design and make design decisions related to your product. You are passionate about consistent and quality design.
You get inspired by the web designer and developer community and actively seek for user feedback. You are familiar with the most common design tools as well as agile development principles.
We expect you to be able to demonstrate past professional experience from the following:
- UI design:Design of views, components and delightful interactions for web apps meant for serious use and professional users.
- Design systems: Breaking UIs down to common building blocks and documenting them so that they can be used to build consistent UIs effectively.
- HTML and CSS: You are up-to-date with the latest HTML and CSS specs. You can write DRY (don’t repeat yourself) and well-structured HTML and CSS, and are able to guide developers in doing the same.
- Usability and accessibility: You know how to satisfy both visual appeal and functionality while taking all types of users into account.
- Team communication skills: You’ll be communicating mostly with developers, helping them bring your designs to market with great quality.
It’s a big benefit if you have some experience or are even just familiarity with the following:
- Web components: Understanding of the evolving web standards and how they benefit the collaboration between designers and developers.