Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you’re an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
We’re looking for a .Net Software Developer in Helsinki
You will work closely with program team members, internal stakeholders and other departments to ensure that all work is aligned, and conflicts are identified and mitigated. You will plan, coordinate and direct the activities of the developer team in their respective assignments. The role helps to mentor and train the regional software development group. The incumbent should be comfortable directing and leading projects and employees but will also need to be able to tactically support the daily responsibilities to ultimately support the Mascus Platform.
In this role you’ll:
- Implement customer solutions on Mascus platform and extend platform itself with new capabilities
- Help coordinate and prioritize tasks
- Learn and work with a large set of existing codebases,
- Diagnose problems on IIS web servers and SQL Server database
- Debug challenging problems, and to code and debug functional enhancements and performance improvements.
- Come up with sophisticated ad-hoc SQL queries and understanding the importance of query performance in a production environment.
Here’s what you bring:
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar role
- Experience in .Net, .net Core, C#, SQL Server and front-end JS/CSS frameworks including JQuery and Angular, all running in a clustered Windows environment on IIS servers.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a similar discipline.
- We are looking for a candidate with great energy and motivation to be a self-starter, who has a track record that shows they are a quick learner, attentive to details, and capable of multi-tasking in an environment with high visibility across the company.
- Fluent English
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 60+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary
- Medical Insurance
- Occupational Health Care
- Retirement plan benefit
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching
- International working environment
- Stable and growing organization
- Ongoing training and professional development
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site, LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee, an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.