ESL Shipping Ltd is the leading carrier of dry bulk cargoes in the Baltic region, loaded with Nordic know-how. We secure raw material transportation for the industry and energy production around the year, even under difficult weather conditions. ESL Shipping Ltd has been in business close to 70 years and is a subsidiary of Aspo Plc. After the Swedish AtoB@C acquisition, ESL Shipping has a total of fifty vessels with a deadweight capacity of 468,000 tonnes.
The Aspo Group’s Code of Conduct and environmental policy form a set of rules for all its businesses. The main aspects of the responsibility concern the reduction of energy consumption and waste, wellbeing and safe working conditions, equality and good governance.
ESL Shipping’s aim to address environmental sustainability realizes in concrete actions. As living examples, ESL Shipping has finalized the construction of greenest bulk carriers in the world. Two new 25,600 dwt LNG fueled ships, Viikki and Haaga, produce 50 % less CO² emissions than vessels of the previous generation. The new ships are full of innovation and pioneers in eco-friendliness and transportation efficiency.
To strengthen our Technical deparment in Helsinki, Finland, ESL Shipping Oy invites applications for the role of
The Nautical Superintendent will work as a part of the technical department and acts as support for the DPA.
- Ensures the proper condition and function of the nautical-, navigational-, deck- and lifesaving equipment.
- Designs the maintenance schedule for the equipment and coating systems and supervises that this schedule is carried out properly by the crews.
- Reviews and performs nautical audits and reviews nautical non-conformances.
- Improving nautical procedures, maintaining guidelines for safe navigation and bridge organization.
- Purchasing of nautical literature, charts and deck equipment/spares.
Qualifications and skills
- Master Mariner exam with experience as a deck officer and good knowledge of Bulk Carriers and General Cargo Vessels.
- Experience from a similar job within Ship Management will be an advantage.
- Good communication skills in both written and spoken English, including being able to create policies, procedures and reports for wide distribution. Fluent Finnish or Swedish language skill will be considered as an advantage.
- Good teamwork skill, dedicated and able to work independently.
A challenging and diverse working task is offered to the person chosen as Nautical Superintendent at our newly renovated main office in Helsinki.
Send your application, including salary expectations and CV latest by 31.10.2019.
- Janne Eklöf, Technical Manager
- +358 9 521 9922 / +358 40 565 8003