Legal Counsel, ABB Oy, Vaasa, HelsinkiJoin ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business is one of the largest suppliers of products and systems for the transmission and distribution of electric energy. This division is active in the following segments: energy generation, energy transmission & distribution, wind energy and water & infrastructure. It is also active in the process industry with a wide range of products, systems and services in the fields of medium and high voltage, transformers, automation and safety technology.
Within this business, we are currently looking for a Legal Counsel in Vaasa or Helsinki.
In this role you implement global strategy and advise management and business on legal and integrity issues relating to the relevant area(s) of responsibility to ensure full compliance with Group directives and instructions, as well as local legal regulations.
- General legal advice
- Management of the operational company at country level
- Handling of company directives and other local instructions, and other governance matters
- Driving of Integrity on country level to ensure compliance within local Business with the applicable Group Policies
- Data privacy - Driving of GDPR on country level
- Handling of internal control process, Dispute Reports and local Legal Letters to external auditors
- Leading all dispute processes, arbitrations, civil court and administrative proceedings and mediations.
- Support in negotiations with suppliers and contractors and general advice, guidance and education vis-à-vis Procurement & Logistics
- Design and deliver trainings on contractual and legal aspects
- Legal advice in a variety of HR law related issues, including claims and handling of labor law cases.
- University Law Degree
- Master's in Business Law School
- 10 years of experience, preferably in legal department of multinational group of companies
- Fluent in Finnish and in English
- Prepared to travel when required (occasionally)
- Self-confidence and auto control
- Ability to work under pressure
- Initiative and decision-making capability
- Team working and cooperation
- Communication and negotiation skills
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let's write the future, together.
What we offer:
- An interesting job in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies
- Opportunity for professional development in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market
- Salary based on your professional experience and skills
- Good working environment and a great team
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids' with Hitachi's complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
|Yhteystiedot:||For more information, please contact Tapio Metso, General Counsel and Country Integrity Officer, at +358 50 332 2192.|
|Työpaikan osoite:||Strömbergintie 1, 00380 HELSINKI|
|Työ alkaa:||as soon as possible|
|Työn kesto:||yli 12 kuukautta|
|Jätä hakemus:||Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI71686886 latest by October 14, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.|