CapMan is a leading Nordic private asset expert with an active approach to value-creation in its target companies and assets. CapMan offers a wide selection of investment products and services. As one of the Nordic private equity pioneers CapMan has developed hundreds of companies and real estate and created substantial value in these businesses and assets over the last 30 years.
CapMan employs today approximately 120 private equity professionals in 6 countries and has approximately €2.8 billion in assets under management. CapMan manages the assets of its customers and makes investments from its own balance sheet. CapMan’s objective is to provide attractive returns and innovative solutions to investors as well as value adding services for professional investment partnerships, growth-oriented companies and tenants with a mission to build successful businesses contributing to the enrichment of the society. CapMan’s current investment strategies cover Real Estate, Buyout, Russia, Credit, Growth Equity and Infrastructure. It also has a growing service business that currently includes procurement services, fundraising advisory and fund management services. CapMan’s share is listed in Nasdaq Helsinki and it holds a license of an alternative investment fund manager (AIFM).
We are now looking for a
LEGAL & COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR
to our Legal & Compliance team in Helsinki.
The Legal & Compliance team has an overall responsibility for CapMan Group’s legal and compliance affairs. These include, among others, Group’s general corporate legal including corporate governance issues, compliance with regulations relating to the Group’s business and operations (e.g. fund management, public listing) and matters relating to the establishment and operations of private equity and other alternative investment funds. The team consists of three legal counsels, a compliance officer and three other compliance and administration professionals. You will report to the General Counsel.
Your role will consist of close co-operation with other team members and independent responsibilities. Your tasks include:
- Assisting in various corporate governance affairs such as the group companies’ trade registrations, updating group company registries, drafting minutes, organising general meetings as well as maintenance and development of CapMan’s governance reporting;
- Know-your-customer (KYC) checks as well as maintenance and development of CapMan’s KYC processes together with the compliance officer;
- Administration around insider and other compliance issues;
- Assisting in fundraising projects and funds’ day-to-day administrative operations;
- Contract register management; and
- General team administration such as meeting and travel arrangements, deadline management and basic IT support to other team members.
Ideally, we hope you have:
- A suitable degree such as Bachelor of Business Administration;
- At least a few years work experience in similar tasks, e.g. from a law firm or a corporate legal department of a listed company;
- Excellent skills in MS Office tools and ability to fluently use various digital services;
- Genuine interest in legal and compliance matters; and
- Excellent skills in English and Finnish as well as an ability to read Swedish documents.
In order to succeed in this position, you need to be precise and thorough by nature, service-minded and determined to get things done. You have a proactive and organised approach to your work and take responsibility. You are a solid team player, flexible worker and able to multitask and prioritise, and you have a smile on your face even at the busiest times.
We offer you a unique opportunity to work in an exciting industry and listed company environment and grow professionally as a member of our great professional team and organisation located in the Helsinki city centre. As a CapManian, you will also enjoy our comprehensive personnel benefits. The position is permanent, and we wish you can start soon after the start of the new year.
Interested? Make your move – apply now! Attach your CV and letter of application with salary request in English by Sunday 6 January 2019. Please act swiftly as the position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
For more information, please contact General Counsel Tiina Halmesmäki +358 40 590 1043 preferably on Tuesday 11 December 2018 at 2 to 3 p.m.