Are you an experienced architect with a deep technical understanding and a constant appetite to learn more? Do you enjoy helping customers in solving their hardest business challenges, on cloud and on-premises? Do you want to be part of an international company that values your growth and wants to deliver meaningful impact to key companies and public sector by fully understanding their needs? We are looking for YOU, Lead Architect, to join our team in Helsinki.
Nortal is a global, agile company that combines strategy, change, and technology to deliver meaningful impact to companies and the society. We help solve our customers' challenges by building cloud and on-premises solutions in domains like digital healthcare, public sector and industry.
As a Lead Architect, you will determine which information technology investments will yield the best return, both in terms of hard costs and productivity benefits. In this position, you will be responsible for the design and development of different software solutions. You will be solving client information system puzzles, figuring out how systems and information assets interlock, removing silos and finding out the best IT architecture for different organizations. We offer you a chance to further develop your skills in challenging projects, in close collaboration with our customers, business and delivery teams.
Your responsibilities include:
- Designing and documenting the overall system architecture for a large heterogeneous software ecosystem, which includes multiple software applications and their interoperability
- Bringing operational efficiency to client organizations through information integration and management
- Establishing system-wide architectural design and implementation guidelines and practices
- Coaching, mentoring, and instructing software developers and other team members
- Selecting tools and systems in order to meet business needs
- Supporting the sales and proposal work, including technical design and work effort estimation
- Identifying, streamlining and implementing the client’s business processes and how they are implemented at customer’s ecosystem
- Monitoring industry trends.
We would be excited if you have several of the following:
- In-depth understanding of the software development lifecycle with a background in hands-on programming
- Working experience on cutting-edge technologies and native cloud development
- A deep understanding of solution architectures and the modern ecosystems of different technological platforms and services
- Strong ability to understand customer businesses and bottlenecks, and model and streamline customer business processes
- An understanding of how to implement ‘competitive edge’ elements for customers and how to connect them with COTS products.
- Fluent Finnish and English skills
- Freedom and responsibility
- The chance to learn from our experience and lessons
- A career path based on constant improvement, daily learning, training and developing your skills and expertise at various locations
- An opportunity to grow and learn in Nortal’s developer community with +200 global advocates and from the collaboration with our business leads
- The opportunity to contribute to decision-making – the people in charge are in the next room and the doors are always open
- A cozy atmosphere, even though we are a multinational company with offices around the globe
- Lunches together, participation in Nortal’s legendary events and conferences – when the mood strikes, we all get off our chairs and go do something exciting.
- We would be excited if you have experience on several of these topics. What is important to us is that you have an attitude for learning new things and seniority to work both independently and in a team. We also expect you to be fluent in Finnish and English.
Nortal combines strategy, change, and technology to deliver meaningful impact. Together with approx 800 professionals, we create data-driven and seamless processes for governments, businesses and healthcare institutions in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and in the U.S. We run projects in more than 20 countries across the globe, with the aim to simplify and optimize naturally complex processes in order to create a seamless society.
We are here to stay! We have over 180 employees in 4 offices in Finland and 2018 was Nortal’s best year ever with revenue of 66,7 million euros. Read more about our projects in our web and have a look at our Tech Map.
Let’s meet at Mikonkatu 15 and you can get more first-hand info about what it’s like to work at Nortal!
Feel free to contact me for further details:
+358 40 6616 338