As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you’re an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
We’re looking for a Java Software Developer (J2EE, JSON, SQL) in Helsinki
You will work closely with fellow IronPlanet software development team members, focused on the operation of our proprietary e-commerce and auction operations software platform. Our customers trust our company when buying and selling the heavy equipment, trucks and other capital assets they use to run their businesses, and our company relies on this team to provide highly-available, trouble-free operation of our custom-built software, in daily use by our employees around the world for the operation of our online and on-site marketplaces. This team provides technical assistance, trouble-shooting and minor enhancements, gathers requirements for future enhancements, and may assist other developers on new public or internal operations functionality.
In this role you’ll:
- Provide technical support for our website operations, watch for and respond to issues using your trouble-shooting and debugging skills, and develop minor fixes and enhancements.
- Communicate across company departments around the world, a lot of them non-technical personnel, to identify opportunities to improve how well our software is meeting the business needs, and to document enhancement requests or bug reports.
- Identify operational bottlenecks encountered by other departments, come up with (and then implement) creative software solutions to reduce friction and improve efficiency.
- Become an expert in the use of the tools used throughout the company to administer and run our marketplaces.
- Closely collaborate with fellow members of the software development team, many of whom are located in the US.
- You should be well-versed in multi-tier internet software development and be able to learn and work with a large set of existing codebases, to debug challenging problems, and to code and debug functional enhancements and performance improvements.
- You will have at least 2 years’ experience in similar role.
- Required experience in J2EE, Oracle/SQL, HTML5, XML, JSON and front-end JS/CSS frameworks including JQuery, Angular and React, all running in a clustered Linux environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a similar discipline.
- We are looking for a candidate with great energy and motivation to be a self-starter, who has a track record that shows they are a quick learner, attentive to details, and capable of multi-tasking in an environment with high visibility across the company.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally to other company offices, such as in California,USA or Breda, NL for training or team meetings.
- Fluent English speakers only.
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 60+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime
- Medical Insurance
- Occupational Health Care
- Retirement plan benefit
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching
- International working environment
- Stable and growing organization
- Ongoing training and professional development
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site, LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee, an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.