Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are looking for an IT Service Delivery Manager who will be responsible for the UPM Plywood maintenance, development and compliancy of local IT solutions and coordinate delivery of global IT services to UPM Plywood locations.
UPM Plywood offers high quality WISA® plywood and veneer products mainly for the construction and transport industries as well as UPM Grada® thermoformable wood material for the furniture and manufacturing industries. The sales of UPM Plywood in 2017 were EUR 484 million and it has about 2,400 employees, including 1,500 in Finland. UPM has six plywood mills and a veneer mill in Finland as well as plywood mills in Russia and Estonia. – www.wisaplywood.com, www.upmgrada.com
Greetings from your future manager
“Your role will be part of a global team of SDMs carrying out similar duties for their responsible areas. The team consists of a wide range of cultures, backgrounds and skill-sets to access and develop from. You will assist in the governance of our ecosystem of key vendors including external, internal, on and off-shore international partners responsible for infrastructure and application services to our end customers, the business. You will execute differing roles within regular infrastructure and application changes ensuring compliance with latest versions and life-cycle events within an ITIL framework and operating mode.” – Craig Mitchell
What you’ll do
As IT Service Delivery Manager you ensure that location specific IT and related business knowledge is maintained and documented. You contribute to budgeting and cost control. In addition, you co-ordinate IT development projects for assigned UPM locations. Bi-directional communication with business and IT stakeholders is a key expectation of the SDM role.
In this position you will:
- Coordinate all UPM IT Services for UPM Plywood locations
- Maintain, develop and comply with local IT solutions
- Initiate development needs for applications and infrastructure
- Manage the interface with local business and act as a single contact point
- Strive for continuous improvement and solicit customer feedback to improve service
- Manage local service providers and participate in the governance of global service providers
- Ensure that end-to-end technical site knowledge is secured and existing
- Manage defined budgets for local solutions/components including related cost control
Who you are
- You have at least 5 years of experience working with IT technical and application solutions
- You have at least 5 years of experience and demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure technologies (i.e. LAN, Data Centers, Workstation infrastructure, Telephony)
- You have experience of manufacturing related business processes (i.e. production, quality, warehouse, dispatch operations) and mill environment knowledge
- You have strong service mindset and you demonstrate a positive and productive attitude
- You have solid understanding of IT Service Management processes and practices
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and are fluent in Finnish and English
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Job location can be one of UPM Plywood locations in Finland:
- Lahti (UPM Plywood Head Office)
- Ristiina/Mikkeli (Pellos)
- Kouvola (Kalso)
For further information or for support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
Please fill in the application form and attach your CV via the link below by the end of February 24th, 2019.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.