We are looking for IT and Security Engineer to join our team in Helsinki.
As a IT and Security Engineer, you are responsible for making sure that we have the right software and hardware in place, developing and maintaining our IT services that guarantee the safety and availability of valuable information as well as our internet and intranet infrastructure. The position is somewhat flexible and it can be adjusted according to the candidates skills and abilities.
LocalBitcoins is globally leading P2P trading platform for bitcoin and one of the foundation pillars of the Bitcoin economy. The company, headquartered in Helsinki, was founded in 2012 and has since grown to over 5 000 000 registered users from all over the world. Although we are already an established, financially profitable company, we are not a corporation. We treasure agile ways of working and a growth hacking kind of mindset.
A computer science or other IT degree is desirable for this position. Previous experience with a variety of coding languages, operating systems and networks is also advantageous. The background of the ideal candidate might be either in information security, system administration or software development.
Your main duties include:
- Configuring, maintaining and securing internal IT infrastructure and laptops
- Monitoring internal IT infrastructure
- Identity and access management
- Incident response
- Security training of new employees
If you have further questions about the position, you may contact our CISO Mika Tolvanen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hands-on experience in building and maintaining information security systems and IT infrastructure
- Critical thinking and ability to find cost-effective solutions to information security problems
- Understanding software, hardware and internet needs while adjusting them according to our business environment
- Drive to develop best practices and security standards for the organization
- Good communication skills for assisting fellow employees with information security, software, hardware or IT needs
- The opportunity to work with a revolutionary business in one of the first cryptocurrency companies.
- Possibility to develop your skills and specialize according to your own personality. We want you to thrive in your work. Saw an interesting conference or course you would like to attend? We are happy to provide that for you.
- A relaxed, young, professional and international work community at our Finnish office. The effort of every single member of the team truly matters. And we want yours to matter too.
- And yes, we also pay your salary, lunch coupons, healthcare insurance and so on.
Please submit your application and CV on Workable through clicking to apply on this page.