We are looking for a Java Developer to Nordea Life&Pension IT development–team. This is an opportunity for you to join the peers of Nordea Life which has ranked well in Great Place to Work index (#13 at GPtW 2018). Due to our uniqueness and balanced hierarchy you can really influence on your way of work supported by inspiring environment where continuous learning and development is appreciated, and success is celebrated.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced, agile environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital. We all have a role in building the best bank that serves our customers’ changing needs – through innovative solutions, collaboration and partnering with fintechs.
Are you ready to embark on a learning journey where we lead the way and push the limits in transforming the future of banking?
You’ll join Nordea Life IT unit, where we work with modern technologies and tools in multi-national scrum teams. Here are some of the technologies we use: Java8, Spring, Microservices, REST, JSON, Jenkins, Git, SQL, WebLogic, Wicket, JAX RS, Hibernate and URAL.
Who are you
What you’ll be doing:
- You will support our organisation in continuous improvement and high-quality code
- You will participate in our initiatives as a developer, scrum team member and a passionate driver of improvements
- Together with a multi-national team of hard-core professionals you will be building the backend services and providing integrations for the continuously developing digital channels, that are meant both to external and internal users
- You’ll be given the possibility to develop and tune your own position as technical expert to meet your interests and abilities
The role is based in Vallila district of Helsinki, at our modern office. Welcome to a multinational team where we work according agile and lean software practices and principles, aiming to understand our business and co-operating frequently also with non-technical stakeholders.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
You have inborn obsession to play with latest technologies and an insatiable hunger for self-improvement. You are equipped with excellent architectural skills, solid background and a proven track record of delivering quality code (with automated tests) and documentation, preferably in large complex environments. You are open-minded and most importantly, a nice person.
Your profile and background more detailed:
- You are able to independently execute all required software development phases, acting both as a coder and an analyst
- It is also beneficial if you are familiar with REST, web services and related security standards
- You have in-depth knowledge of microservice architecture
- You understand the great importance of the NFRs
- General understanding of complex multi-application systems would be a great asset
- Fluency in Finnish and English are required in this role
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
In the Digital Hub at nordea.com, you can read more about us and how we are changing.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 30 November 2018 but be aware we will proceed with potential candidates already during application period.