Are you enthusiastic about finding solutions to global challenges and making it a business?
We believe that efficient education systems are critical for human well-being and a good society anywhere. Innovation, entrepreneurship and productive employment are all built on skilled people. Our education, labor market and innovation services range from national policy design to large-scale programme implementations and independent evaluations.
FCG International is looking for an energetic manager to head our Education, Skills and Innovation team in the Helsinki office of our development consulting business unit.
This business unit focuses on international development projects anywhere in the world and has offices in several countries. The key clients include the EU, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, various government agencies, ministries and private companies.
The position is based in Helsinki. The role provides a unique opportunity to promote international development through good education while working in the country with the world’s best education system.
Responsibilities and tasks
• Leading, managing and developing a small team of in-house experts and managers
• Building networks, identifying business opportunities and winning new sales
• Managing large international tendering processes and drafting high-quality tenders
• Negotiating partnerships, selecting experts and ensuring related contracting
• Delivering presentations and preparing high quality marketing materials
• Conducting consultancy and managing consultancy projects in education, skills and innovation
• Passion for education and international development
• People skills and leadership
• Business orientation and analytical skills
• Ability to travel
• Work experience from international organizations and from education sector
• Ability to manage projects, multitask, solve problems and meet deadlines under pressure
• Proactive attitude, independence and ability to work in an international team
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Sensitivity to multicultural issues
• Excellent documentation and presentation skills
• University degree
• Past experience in similar roles and tasks
• Special expertise in education, vocational education, training, employment or innovation
• Existing network with clients and partners within the international development community
• Knowledge of Finnish or a language widely spoken in emerging markets, such as Spanish, Russian, Arabic or French
How to apply
Interested candidates with relevant experience are encouraged to apply by sending us their
• Curriculum Vitae
• Cover letter of not more than 300 words stating your aspirations and the value you bring into FCG.
Please send your complete application, Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter by September 27th, 2019.
For further information please contact Mr. Jorma Peltonen, email@example.com