Global Product Specialist, ABB Oy, PorvooTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for a Global Product Specialist at ABB Oy, Smart Buildings division in Porvoo, Finland. In this position, you will report to and support the Global Product Manager to optimize the product portfolio and return on investment in the field of electrical installation materials. You will ensure that ABB has a full understanding of market requirements in the specific area and is able to transform these requirements into product/system specifications and development activities. The related product portfolio of wiring accessory products is a part of the Global Product Group "Building and Home Automation Systems". Our mission is to enhance people's quality of life in buildings of the future with sustainable electrification solutions, services and products.
We offer an interesting position with both local and international stakeholders and the opportunity to work closely with our customers. We also offer flexible remote working conditions.
- Following and understanding global standards, market and customer requirements and conducting competitor analyses including identification of product gaps evaluation of the ABB position.
- Continuous monitoring of the existing portfolio.
- Managing the technical specification of product assigned and support the Global Product Manager in developing the business case for product developments, maintenance and cost reduction.
- Collecting and analyzing standards, market requirements, customer needs and values as an input for producing a product roadmap.
- Owning, monitoring and delivering on the agreed product development roadmap, ensuring timely and successful launches.
- Close collaboration with other functions within Porvoo factory and global product group, especially with other Global Product Specialists for installation materials and smart wiring accessories.
- Keeping Product Group, Sales and channels informed on topics related to the product, such as new product availability, market, competition, quality, configuration, trends and limitations.
- Embedding sustainability and circularity principles in everyday activities as both the right thing to do and a business opportunity.
- Supporting our customers to become more environmentally sustainable and creating new market opportunities.
- Degree in Industrial / Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in product management or sales role working in electrification business and having experience about relevant products such as electrical installation products (wiring accessories, installation materials, smart home products, etc.) or lighting products or cabling.
- Fluent English skills. In addition, fluent Finnish or Swedish is preferred.
- You have worked in the Nordics and have a good understanding of its working culture.
- You have good communication and planning skills and you take initiative.
- Self-motivation and independent working approach.
More about us:
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we're also able to offer international job opportunities.
|Yhteystiedot:||If you have questions, please contact Sven Werdes, Global Product Manager, tel. +49 151 18612254, Monday-Friday, 9-17 CET or sven.werdes(a)de.abb.com.|
|Työpaikan osoite:||Porvoon Sisäkehä 2, 06100 PORVOO|
|Työ alkaa:||As soon as possible|
|Työn kesto:||yli 12 kuukautta|
|Jätä hakemus:||Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI77767132 by March 8, 2021 at https://new.abb.com/fi/uralle . We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.|