Are you experienced professional who would be ready to join our team?
We are looking for a Global Category Manager to manage and create a competitive supplier base for managing important product and service categories in Paper & Pulp and Energy Performance Parts businesses within Services Business Line. As a Category Manager, you work in a very close cooperation with different teams, across areas and functions, within Valmet Business Lines.
This position can be located globally in any major Valmet location.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- leadership of the Category team for assigned categories
- defining category strategy, priorities, time schedules and action plans together with the Category team members
- defining and ensuring implementation of long term cost saving targets for the category
- global sourcing concentrating on CCC Countries
- optimizing the existing supplier base
- building sufficient supplier base to guarantee availability in order to support profitable growth
- contract management including contract negotiations
- supplier relationship management and supplier development
- resolution of supplier related issues for unresolved issues within the category
To be successful in this position you need to be result and business driven and have experience of leadership and negotiations. Machine manufacturing industry, product knowledge and hands-on experience in international business environment including experience from cost competitive country business environment and supplier base is an advantage. You have a suitable education, preferably a technical or commercial university degree, other degrees with extensive relevant work experience are also possible.
Your personal characteristics include strong communication and intercultural negotiation skills. You have co-operative attitude and genuine drive and desire to make success within Valmet. Fluent English, both written and oral, are essential.
The position requires travelling due to global partners and suppliers.
In return, we offer you an interesting work environment and the support of Valmet's global network and good opportunities for personal development.
Did we catch your interest? Join our team and send your application with your CV via the link provided as soon as possible but no later than Feb 15th, 2020.
For further information please contact Timo Sironen, tel. +358 40 768 7439 or email Timo.Sironen@valmet.com
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 13,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers’ performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how – and above all, teamwork.