We are looking for Global Category Manager for Rolls and Engineering - are you the experienced and dynamic professional ready for new challenges?
If yes, we offer you the opportunity to join Paper business line (PAP) Global Sourcing and Category Management team and lead Rolls and Engineering categories globally. This means securing competitiveness, cost-effectiveness, high quality performance and operational efficiency. As Global Category Manager you will report to Director, Global Sourcing and Category Management. This position is located in Jyväskylä, Järvenpää or Karlstad.
Your main tasks and responsibilities in this role will be:
- Maintain and develop global Rolls and Engineering category strategies
- Manage strategy implementation and execution
- Lead (matrix) global category team
- Continuously identify category internal and external needs and requirements with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Develop quality, HSE, sustainability and operational process of suppliers
- You are accountable for category savings
Our expectations to you
You have a Master's or Bachelor's degree in suitable engineering field. To be successful in this role you need to have combined understanding of both technology and procurement practices and be able to work in matrix. Strategic and analytical mindset together with passionate, hands-on way of working is a combination that we really value. Experience from cost competitive country business environment and supplier base is an advantage.
To be a successful in this position you'll also need the following qualifications:
- Strong experience in product management/supply chain/procurement and/or engineering
- Proven ability to define, drive and implement global strategies to improve operational service level, quality and cost-effectiveness
- Strong written and verbal communication and negotiation skills in English, as well as presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to travel globally
- Knowledge of key cultural differences, ability to adapt communication style accordingly and skilled at working across global boundaries
In return, we offer you an interesting work environment and the support of Valmet's global network and good opportunities for personal development.
For additional information about this role, please contact Tuomo Linnaranta, Director, Global Sourcing & Category Management, tel. +358 40 5376 636.
If this sounds like your next career step, please send your application with your CV via the link provided as soon as possible but no later than April 16th, 2020.
Valmet Finland is a smoke free workplace.
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 13,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers' performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how - and above all, teamwork.
Join the team and share that feeling of working together to make a difference! www.valmet.com/career