Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our energy teams in Tampere, Finland.
UPM Energy is the second largest electricity producer in Finland with production capacity of around 1 500MW. The business is focusing on electricity generation as well as trading in physical and financial markets. Industrial electricity consumption and flexibility services to industrial consumers is part of our strategy. We have roughly 50 energy professionals operating in Nordic and Central European energy markets.
Optimization & Physical Trading and Back-office teams are responsible for dispatching, trading and balancing the physical power and gas balances both for UPM Energy and as a service for other UPM businesses. We operate in the Nord Pool Spot power exchange and national TSO intraday markets.
Greetings from your future manager
“Hi, we are looking for a strong team player with the right attitude and skillset to join our small and committed teams. We work with a wide range of power assets, both production and consumption and there is hardly a boring day for us at work. In this position, you will have the possibility to really have an impact.” – Pekka Tynkkynen, Director, Optimization and Physical Trading & Tomi Sederholm, Director, Finance and Strategy.
What you`ll do
We are looking for a person with the right skill set to participate developing our physical operations into a new level. You will:
- Maintain and participate the development of our energy management system and reporting solutions
- Support our back-office and imbalance settlement development
- Carry out development projects, small or larger depending on your skills, to automate our operating environment
- Participate developing the business IT environment we operate in
- Actively contribute to develop ideas to simplify our trading and create more business opportunities with modern tools
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders within business
Who you are
- You have minimum 2 years of working experience and minimum bachelor´s degree
- You have strong skills in C# and Python and experience in integrating API’s and designing UIs
- You have basic understanding of automation systems and interfaces
- You are willing to learn about energy markets
- You have analytical problem-solving skills and you are willing to exchange ideas and support others
- You are a strong team player with ability to take responsibility
- You are fluent in English
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For more information please contact Juha Haromo, Development Manager, Optimization & Physical Trading tel. +358407689526 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Contacts from 1.10 onwards.
Please submit your application with attached CV and cover letter in English via the apply link latest 26th of October 2018.
For support with submitting your application please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.