Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company. With operations in 54 countries and territories, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. As an underwriting company, we assess, assume and manage risk with insight and discipline. We service and pay our claims fairly and promptly. The company is also defined by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength and local operations globally. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London, Paris and other locations, and employs approximately 33,000 people worldwide. Additional information can be found at: www.chubb.com
The purpose of the role is to proactively lead, manage and deliver an efficient and professional claims service across the business line Accident & Health, in accordance with the Chubb corporate guidelines and Claims Best practices.
This means to provide local leadership together with a strong customer focus, working within delegated authority and settle claims according to Chubb Best practices & SLA in an active and effective control environment. The Team Leader A&H Finland is responsible for establishing priorities for day-to-day workflow as well as providing direct supervision, training, mentoring and coaching to the A&H Claims team. The Finnish A&H team is in Stockholm, Sweden but the Team leader/Senior claims adjuster role can be in either Finland or Sweden.
- To ensure systems, procedures and controls are in place to make sure claims are investigated adequately, reserves posted promptly, and valid claims paid in accordance with compliance and regulatory requirements.
- To provide support to the Claims Manager A&H Nordic in respect of all high-profile claims that impact business and ensure they are brought to a successful conclusion.
- To prepare management reports on claims issues and progress on key operational and performance targets.
- Provide (technical) support, coaching and guidance to Claims Adjusters, acting as a point of contact for (technical) queries from team members, TPA’s and/or Loss Adjusters.
- To represent Chubb at internal and external meetings including review meetings with brokers, and key clients.
- To manage and oversee the PMP Process. Follow up on development plans to reflect current and future needs. This will entail acting as an operational resource and providing guidance on the claims assessment process. In so doing, ensuring a high-quality claims team.
- To undertake all other duties as reasonably required by Claims Manager A&H Nordic that are applicable to this role.
- Knowledge about the A&H business and claims handling of A&H and Travel claims.
- Extensive understanding and experience of claims handling in an insurance company or within an insurance broker environment with a particular focus on consumer lines business.
- A leader with proven history of team management, building structure, execution and strong follow up, including experience of leading a team on distance is eligible.
- Experience of training, mentoring and people development.
- Highly adept at managing competing priorities in a very busy and high-pressured environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational competencies.
- Strong inter-personnel skills and be skilled at communicating claims related issues to external and internal clients in a firm but professional manner.
- Proven experience of prioritising and working to SLAs.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Experienced in MS Office Packages.
- Great English and Fluent Finnish, other language skills such as Swedish is proficiency.
“If you have any questions about the role, please contact Claims Manager Nordics, Maxmilliam Wutting on +46725000118 or firstname.lastname@example.org”
Work Location: Sweden - Stockholm - Birger
Finland - Helsinki
Job Function: Claims
Employement Type: Permanent