Voima Gold is an innovative fintech company offering gold-backed accounts for global clients. We have clients from over 30 countries around the world and last year, our revenue was 6.7 million euros. In the last couple of years we have built our own web- and mobile applications as well as our own vault in Helsinki, Finland.
Currently, we have 12 full-time employees and our company is constantly growing. Our office is located in the heart of Helsinki.
The Voima Account was created to counter the unfairness of the banking system. Regular banks do not safeguard peoples’ money in a safe manner. In case a bank fails to balance their operations, the clients face the consequences and lose their savings. On top of this, creating more and more money in the recent years has led to euros and other currencies losing their value.
On the other hand economics and history have shown that gold retains its value. The people who have owned physical gold have retained the value of their money and purchasing power, unlike people who have only stored the majority of their money in a bank as digital numbers. This is why we offer accounts with physical gold holdings. We believe it is fair, that our clients get to keep the purchasing power of their money now and for generations to come.
We are now looking for a passionate, self-driven and experienced Financial Controller to join our team!
As our Financial Controller, you will be responsible for managing, developing and overseeing the whole financial management system in our company. As financial management is crucial for our company's performance, you will play a big role in the company's growth and success.
What we expect from you (Skills and requirements):
- At least 5 years of experience as a Financial Controller or similar role, some years of additional experience in finance is considered as an asset
- Master’s degree or equivalent advanced degree in accounting or finance
- Professional accounting qualification such as CA, CPA or CMA is considered as an asset
- Work experience in a regulated entity supervised by financial markets authorities is considered as an asset
- Outstanding knowledge of accounting principles and procedures (especially IFRS), also with regards to consolidated companies
- Experience with creating financial statements and general ledgers
- Good understanding of accounting software
- Passionate about developing business through numbers
- Sense of ownership in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent Finnish & English
- Manage all finance, accounting and taxation functions
- Coordinate and manage the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances. Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements and as requested
- Oversee, design and set-up internal monitoring systems for various accounting operations such as cost accounting, inventory accounting, accounts receivables & payables, capital adequacy requirements
- Measure company performance against external and internal benchmarks, identifying accounting and financial issues and suggesting areas to improve
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant accounting standards
- Maintenance and documentation of accounting procedures & policies
- Maintaining relationships with external auditors and accountants
- Managing quality control over financial transactions and reporting
- Possible team management including mentoring and staff development
- Working closely with executive team to deliver reports, analysis findings, potential risk areas and forecast opportunities
- Coordinating the preparation of regulatory reporting
- A full-time position
- Competitive salary and extra compensation-scheme
- Opportunities to work your way up
- Flexibility organizing your own schedule and vacations
- An ambitious and friendly team
Do you think you are the right fit for this position?
Send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person for the job.