Are You ready to take the responsibility of managing Valmet facilities in Jyväskylä?
We are looking for an experienced, analytical and social team player to manage our facilities in Jyväskylä. Here, 1400 Valmeteers work in the offices, workshops and our foundry. In this very hands-on role, You will be expected to plan, manage and monitor preventive and corrective maintenance and repair activities to ensure reliable operation of the buildings, facilities and equipment and to maintain their value over the years. You will report to Director of Board and Paper Mills Finance and in matrix to the location head.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To manage operative maintenance of our facilities in Jyväskylä (e.g. planned maintenance programs, shutdowns or repairs), to take action at times of failures and malfunctions with minimal business disruptions and to ensure a safe working environment for our organization at all times.
- To manage our facilities within allocated budgets and to improve cost competitiveness.
- To assess, propose and implement facility investment projects in order to optimize our facilities for the needs of the various operations.
- To evaluate, select, and manage co-operation with external contractors (e.g. builders, electricians, maintenance companies) targeting at a cost-efficient and high-quality service for the organization.
Final job description will be adjusted according to your skills and experience.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- Relevant degree
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in facility management
- Experience in collaboration with suppliers
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Fluent Finnish, English will be an asset
- Team player with good social skills.
We offer You a rewarding position with an innovative global industry leader. You will work in a team environment that lets you contribute to the success of the organization as well as find opportunities for your personal development.
For additional information, please contact Antti Harjula, Director Finance, Board and Paper Mills business unit, at tel. +358 40 553 3655.
Call times on Sept 9 at 12-13:30, Sept 11 at 9-10 and Sept 16 at 13-14.
Please fill out our electronic application form complete with your CV by September 22, 2019.
Valmet Finland is a smoke-free workplace.
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 12,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers' performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how - and above all, teamwork.
Join the team and share that feeling of working together to make a difference! www.valmet.com/careers