Job Title: Engineering Manager
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• The enforcement of safe systems of work and holding those below them in the management structure and contractors, accountable for their health and safety performance.
• The provision of safe equipment, safe working environment and ensuring all employees/contractors are provided with and wear the appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Ensure that employees within their department are adequately informed, instructed, trained and supervised to safely carry out work for which they are engaged.
• Ensure a safe working environment, striving for zero recordable injuries in compliance with internal policies and external legislation, through the delivery of key enabling activities (e.g. Near Misses, Safety Observations, timely completion of actions). Ensure that safety and environmental incidents are fully investigated and the appropriate countermeasures established.
• Interprets and applies department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations; ensures compliance with these areas.
• Ensures maintenance schedules, programs, quality initiatives, safety targets, efficiency metrics, and other operational measurements are met for the functions.
• Drives the Engineering department to consistent and safe methods of work through Risk Assessments and procedures.
• Supervises staff to include hiring, training, evaluating performance, providing compensation recommendations, and determining disciplinary actions when necessary; serves as a lead to the department’s supervisors or managers to include prioritizing and assigning work and providing work direction.
• Manages multiple groups of employees involved in the maintenance, capital improvement, and updating of equipment, machinery, and the location; ensures resources and personnel are available and allocated to meet operational demand, responds to complex employee and management questions and concerns.
• Develops, analyzes and reviews a variety of complex operational reports to examine equipment usage, preventative maintenance, efficiency, quality, and other areas; implements operational changes as required.
• Oversees activities among various departments on a project basis, such as engineering, operations, safety, and quality control to monitor on-going and updated operations, processes, equipment, and related areas and implements operational adjustments.
• Develops operating policies and procedures to ensure the efficient use of resources, maintain a safe environment, and produce quality products.
• Creates and maintains a culture of continuous improvement, quality, high performance, and process excellence.
• Leads budget development and spending control for the department within a site; prepares cost justifications and project requests for improvement projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
1. FORMAL EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Management, or related field, or equivalent education and experience
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• ATEX/DSEAR knowledge/Experience would be an advantage.
• Awareness of SEVESO/COMAH.
• Working knowledge of Management of relevant country Health and Safety legislation
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing, coaching and negotiating skills - able to coordinate activities across multiple groups
• A proven track record in managing change within a diverse environment.
• An articulate communicator both written and verbal.
• Ability to effectively build and manage relationships.
• Has enthusiasm and patience to develop others.
• Values strong teamwork.
• Numerically astute with the ability to analyse data and drive the appropriate action
• Professional and positive attitude with a high standard of work ethics
• A strong customer focus
• Proficient at producing and presenting proposals and able to demonstrate objective analytical skills and business acumen.
• Hands on approach and attitude.
• Continuous improvement is a core value.
3. TECHNICAL/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Advanced PC skills essential
• Strong financial and commercial awareness essential.
• Project management skills.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.
- Travel Percentage: 10%