Autumn is here! And now is the perfect time to start a new week-day adventure. Are you an embedded C software developer who has worked on compact devices with electronics and wireless connections? Are you looking for an end-to-end software role where you get to see your work go to market? If you are interested in working with small but powerful microcontrollers, or the latest Bluetooth MESH standard, we have an incredibly friendly and talented international group waiting to meet you!
Helvar is a 250-person lighting solutions and components company (www.helvar.com). Headquartered in Finland with offices in both Espoo and outside London UK, we develop intelligent energy efficient products and solutions for global customers in 50 countries, for a variety of applications used in hospitals, schools, office buildings, crafted for the future of the ‘Smart Building’. Inside our Agile organization, we are constantly developing new IoT solutions with products ranging from our own hardware and software encompassing embedded products, mobile applications, developer APIs and cloud services.
Over the last few years we have gone through a digital renewal to foster our growth within product development and cloud-based systems, with an emphasis on digital, programmable and connected lighting control systems. We have since been developing advanced solutions including wireless, self-learning systems and sensor-based data services and analytics. Our wired and wireless lighting control systems will connect to the cloud; web user interfaces and apps will allow users to unleash the power of Helvar systems. Altogether, innovation is occurring around every corner from component development to our end-to-end systems.
To strengthen our Product organization, we are now looking for a software engineer to join our embedded products team. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of embedded software coupled with experience of developing applications for Bluetooth Low Energy.
These will be your day to day tasks:
- Participate in the product definition and specification of features and break these down into work tasks. Perform work task estimation, monitor and report progress
- Full software life-cycle design - analysis, design, implementation, test, release & defects
- Using toolchains to manage code, build images and test and debug on hardware target platforms
- Ensure designs are documented to a high standard
- Maintenance of software; Defects recording, tracking and resolution
- Writing unit tests (automation), integration testing in a DevOps environment
- A minimum of 5 years experience of software development on embedded platforms
- Proficient coding in C, C# and scripting language e.g. Python
- Use of GIT based source code control
- A good understanding of the development principles for heavily embedded, resource constrained platforms
- The ability to read electronic design documentation (schematics, assembly drawings) and understand the function of common electronic circuits
- Experience in embedded software development on popular micro-controllers such as Arm Cortex-M core
- Experienced in BLE wireless development; design and creation of GATT services and attributes; Debugging wireless systems
- A team player, working closely within a multi-disciplined team to create intelligent edge devices to integrate with the company’s lighting intelligence platform
- Strong sense of urgency, and ability to work with minimal supervision managing and prioritizing multiple tasks to meet deadlines