Preferred background: Graduated
Work hours: Full-time
Starting date: Negotiable
Location: Linnoitustie 6, 02600 Espoo
Application deadline: January 25th
Ecolane is about people, not software. Ecolane’s software has been developed to move people. The cost savings, efficiency, and increased productivity that Ecolane’s customers experience as a result of the product is a side effect they are very proud of.
Ecolane is a fast-growing leader in web-based transit scheduling and dispatch software. The company was founded in Finland, and the research and product development team is located in Espoo. Ecolane has over 10 years of experience in developing the product, and it is already used by over a hundred customers in the U.S. It is an excellent time to join the ride. You can read more about Ecolane at www.ecolane.com/finland
At Ecolane you will be joining a team of talented and enthusiastic people, where each person takes both pride in and responsibility for making our product even better. You are willing to solve tricky problems on your own but have no fear of communicating with others or questioning the existing solutions. Ecolane’s product is based on a Java core, an Android application and Ruby on Rails modules and user interfaces. In this role, you’d focus on developing our products RoR modules and user interfaces used by hundreds of organizations consisting both public and private companies. Your job will mainly consist of implementing new features, writing specifications and maintaining existing code base.
Our product is a large evolving platform used by dozens of customers in the U.S. Our solution collects passenger eligibility and funding information, allows for the entry of trip requests from passengers, automatically creates schedules for efficient routing on transit vehicles, dispatches the schedules through advanced mobile data terminals, collects and communicates performance data and provides reports for local, state and national stakeholders on every aspect of the service from on-time performance to driver performance to billing information.
The skills we are looking for:
- An understanding of the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- A proficient knowledge and understanding of Ruby and awareness of Rails patterns and anti-patterns
- An excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and ORM technologies
- Practical experience of utilizing back-end REST APIs
- A basic understanding of usability and accessibility
- Good communication skills in English
We consider as an asset:
- Java knowledge
What Ecolane can offer:
- An opportunity to be part of responsible and meaningful product development
- An independent role and the possibility to influence the way you work and solve problems
- A great opportunity to develop as a software professional
- Flexible working hours and a cozy office
- Great work benefits (lunch, phone, healthcare, insurance, gym etc.)
- An opportunity to gain deep insight into and knowledge of a changing industry
- A relaxed working atmosphere and super nice colleagues: Ecolane’s people look after each other
If you’re the Ruby On Rails Developer we’re looking for, send your CV and application in PDF format latest on January 25th here: https://apply.atalent.fi/ecolane-ruby-on-rails-developer-1-2019. Tell us what you have done with the required technologies and what kind of projects you have worked on before. Please mention your earliest possible starting date and salary request.
The chosen candidate will be employed directly by Ecolane.
For more information about the application process, contact Talent Research Specialist Severi Kausola (040 047 2129, severi.kausola[at]atalent.fi).