Vaadin is a development platform that enables development teams to be more effective at building great user experiences while hiding the complexity needed to make modern web apps. Amongst our customers, we count 40% of Fortune 500 companies. We operate an open core business model and serve a developer community with more than 150 000 members.
One of our core strengths has been outstanding documentation that has really helped developers build web apps that users ♡.
The mission of the new Documentation Lead is to maintain this strength that has proven to make a pivotal impact to our success.
You know how to implement and document code examples, and you have experience in large technical product documentation projects, or perhaps you have authored a book. As a professional writer, you feel ownership of the documentation quality. You lead and help other authors to improve the quality through documentation trainings and best practises. You also independently fix found problems and inconsistencies in documentation and collect feedback.
Working closely with Quality Assurance Lead and Developer Experience Lead enables you to succeed in your work. You will be working in product development department and to truly succeed you collaborate closely with marketing, services and sales departments.
We hope to achieve consistent documentation with a coherent flow supporting new users getting started without too many road bumps. You will also have ownership of authoring the Book of Vaadin.
- Proven track record of technical writing in English
- Working as a bridge between developers at Vaadin and our users, making sure our features shine in the eyes of the Vaadin community.
- A chance to be a part of a fast-growing international software company with a community of over 150 000 software developers
- A transparent working environment where you will be exposed to the company leadership team and business planning
- A creative and friendly work environment with minimal bureaucracy
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits and great colleagues to work with
This position is preferably in Turku, but it is negotiable.
For questions or more info don't hesitate to contact: Group Manager Juho Piirainen, firstname.lastname@example.org