Suunto was founded in 1936 by Tuomas Vohlonen, a Finnish orienteer and inventor of liquid-filled field compass. Since then Suunto has been at the forefront of design and innovation for sports watches, dive computers and instruments, which are used by adventure seekers all over the globe. From the highest mountains to the deepest oceans, Suunto equips adventurers to conquer new territory. Suunto’s headquarters and manufacturing plant is in Vantaa, Finland. Employing more than 400 people worldwide, Suunto products are sold in over 100 countries. The company is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation along with its sister brands Salomon, Arc’teryx, Atomic, Wilson, Peak Performance, Precor, and Mavic.
We are looking for a skilled and passionate,
Director, Supply Chain Management
to lead our Supply Chain team in Vantaa.
As a Director, Supply Chain Management, you will lead the Suunto Supply Chain Management team with appr. 200 supply chain professionals. You will be leading the supply chain at Suunto as a part of Suunto leadership team and will be reporting to Suunto General Manager. Location of the job will be in Tammisto, Vantaa in Finland. The job itself will be international and includes international travelling.
In this position, your overall focus is on managing our supply chain as an accountable leader towards internal and external stakeholders.
Key activities for the role are:
- Leadership of Suunto Supply Chain Management team globally. Location will be in Vantaa, but teams are in several different locations.
- Create and maintain Suunto Supply Chain strategy and action plans and align the plans with other Suunto functions.
- Development of Supply Chain Management organization and individuals.
- Leading day to day operations globally for Suunto Supply Chain and utilizing real time data for leading the teams.
- Ensuring the long term operational capability and performance in Suunto Supply Chain.
In this role your main internal interfaces would be the other Suunto teams and teams in global operations in Amer Sports. External interfaces would be the key component suppliers, manufacturing partners like original design manufacturers, temporary workforce service providers, repair network partners. You will be a member of Suunto leadership team and the leader of the Suunto Supply Chain leadership team.
What we expect from the candidate
- Business Acumen: You understand the strong strategic relationship between the Supply Chain and company´s long term performance and can turn the plans and activities into concrete and successful actions and relate them to company strategy and goals.
- Global Mindset: You will understand the nature of Supply Chain as an end to end capability and can work through the complex networks geographically and within the Suunto organization.
- Leadership: As a member of Suunto leadership team, you will be leading the Supply Chain team and also will be the representative of the Supply Chain community for different Suunto teams and leaders. You are a great people leader and developing systematically your organization and individuals.
- Analysis: You will use data for leading the teams and building the future capabilities for Suunto products and business. You have excellent skills on presenting the plans on all levels of Suunto organization.
- Relationship building: You are having great skills on networking with people and you are capable of building relationships between organizations in a matrix and global environment.
- Supply Chain knowledge: You are a supply chain professional with minimum 5 years’ experience in global leadership positions.
You have the passion for continuous improvement and exceeding your targets. You have proven skills of leading a global, matrix organization. You can think of the bigger picture yet also pay attention into the details. You have a positive growth mind-set towards your work and people around you yet are not afraid of driving change to make things more efficient.
Suunto offers an excellent working environment as one of Finland’s most desired employers. Suunto strives to create a workplace with an atmosphere characterized by our values – customer first, passion to win, cooperation and accountability.
If you feel there is a match made in online heaven, apply now via this link. Latest date to apply is 15 of March 2019.
For further information reach out to Suunto SCM program lead Matti Juntura at +358 44 235 3737 or via e-mail: email@example.com