Design Engineer for Ability Information Systems
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Process Industries unit in Helsinki. In this role, you will be working in Collaborative Production Management (CPM) projects and after sales activities.
This is an opportunity to be part of interesting projects and after sales tasks in CPM business. We offer you challenging position in an international working environment where you have the opportunity for personal development.
- Your responsibilities
- Communication Interfaces between CPM system and DCS/QCS/PLC/devices
- New application development in Windows environment
- Communication from the local databases to cloud environment (Microsoft Azure)
- Report generation
- User Interfaces application development
- Software testing, Commissioning and Documentation
- This role will require some travelling in Finland (driver's license needed) and abroad.
- Your background
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in IT (or equal level knowledge)
- 3 - 5 years' experience working in IT is an advantage
- Experience of legacy interfaces is highly appreciated
- Understanding of Industrial Management and customer processes appreciated
- Good spoken and written skills in English and Finnish
- Ability to quickly learn new development/working environments
- Good communication skills and open minded, team player
- Excellent IT skills and understanding of:
- Real time SQL database
- Windows Azure
- Data modeling and management
- Windows software development (Visual Studio)
- C, C++, C#, Python, XML
- Microsoft office tools
- OPC UA, DA and experience in legacy link understanding
- UI / Web development
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let's write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team in this role? Please apply at your earliest convenience and no later than August 30, 2019. Search with the job ID FI68370117 at www.abb.fi/uralle
For more information about this role, please contact Seppo Lahtinen, Competence Center Manager, at +358 503325258.