Job Title: Data Scientist
Reporting To: Team leader, SAE team
Location: Helsinki, Finland (Flexible)
Closing date for applications: 25th of September
Autovista’s Statistics & Data Analysis team develops and maintains a proprietary statistical system called SAE which creates accurate residual value and future residual values for vehicles. The team further develops SAE, maintains and implements it into new countries and data sets. The team also creates different kinds of data analyses and reports from car market data to generate new insights and to support car valuations and forecasts.
As a Data Scientist in our Statistics & Data Analysis team, you will development and maintain the statistical valuation system (SAE) and other calculation processes. You will also produce and further develop our data analytics using SAS and R-programming and other statistical processes.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining the statistical valuation system (SAE)
- Solving problems related to data quality and operations of SAE in collaboration with other team members and related teams.
- Executing data research on automotive data
- Using SAS and R-programming for SAE and other statistical and calculation processes
- Quality controlling statistical production
- Operational tasks in statistics and data analyses
Ideally you provide the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- MSc or higher degree in statistical computing, data science, statistics, econometrics, economics or a related field
- Some experience in statistical computing using, for example, SAS- or R-programming language.
- Strong understanding of basic statistical methods and multivariate modeling and some experience of statistical modeling
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with a hands-on attitude to problem-solving
- Interest in doing practical and business oriented data analytics
- Good communication skills in spoken and written English
- Interpersonal skills – ability to work collaboratively with others and coordinate effectively with other departments
- Ability to adapt successfully to changing situations, environments and technology
- Can prioritise, work efficiently and productively, and manage time well
In return, we will offer you a flexible working environment, where you can work from home or our modern central Helsinki office, along with opportunities for personal development and progression.