Oriola is a health and wellbeing company operating in the Nordic countries - Our Purpose is Health for Life and we are now strengthening our organisation!
We help people to live healthier lives by giving them access to sustainable health and wellbeing products and services. In Sweden, Oriola owns the country’s third-largest pharmacy chain, Kronans Apotek. In addition to pharmacies, our dose-dispensing, medical information and patient support services, we enhance the safety and effectiveness of pharmaceutical care. Our expert services support pharmaceutical companies throughout the entire lifecycle of medicines. Oriola’s supply chain ensures reliable and safe delivery of pharmaceuticals to pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, veterinarians and other healthcare operators. In 2019, Oriola Corporation’s net sales were 1.7 billion euros and we employed nearly 4,300 professionals. Oriola Corporation is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. www.oriola.com
Oriola has deep roots in Finnish and Swedish wellbeing sector. While the industry may seem quite traditional, we are more and more turning into a technology company. With everything we do, there’s always a data & analytics angle. Now, we are beginning an interesting journey with this new position: Solution Architect to our Data & Analytics team.
What your typical day looks like
As a Solution Architect on the Data & Analytics team, you will work directly with Business Owners & other business representatives to recommend and design solutions utilizing proven methodologies and leading-edge Microsoft Azure data analytics tools. You will have the opportunity daily to draw upon your analytical and problem-solving skills, big-data/DW/BI solution development experience, and a passion for creating scalable and reliable structured data solutions to support faster access to insight for internal and external customers.
As a Solution Architect, you own the Microsoft Azure platform and provide overall technical leadership for the Data & Analytics team. You will be designing and delivering end results for the data & analytics uses cases that you and the team plan with the business. This includes gathering requirements, planning the solution, delivery, continuous delivery and documenting of lessons learned. You will develop data and analytics solutions that utilize data visualization tools and techniques to make data consumable and provide business insight, build and maintain data warehouses, work with analytics tools, advanced analytics methods, transform data to insight, and partner with business and stakeholders to answer key business questions.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Designing and delivering data & analytics use cases with the business
- Designing and delivering Azure Data Analytics solutions
- Provide overall technical leadership for the team
- Requirements Analysis and Solution Architecture Design
- Data modelling and data architecture design
- ETL, data integration and data migration design
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. data models, configurations, and setup)
You will get:
- Interesting pharmaceutical working environment covering several different businesses
- Variety in your work with opportunities to expand your skillset
- Life-work balance and flexible hours
- Supportive leadership and team members
- Competitive benefits package
- A fun, supportive work environment
What we are looking for:
- Direct experience of solution shaping and architecture development
- Hands on experience Architecting and delivering solutions using the Azure Data Analytics platform including: Azure Databricks, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, Azure Synapse SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Search
- Experience designing and implementing machine learning solutions as part of data ingestion and transformation pipelines
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data
- Experience architecting batch and streaming data pipelines
- Experience with best practice design principles and approaches for a range of application styles and technologies to help guide and steer decisions.
- Experience working in a Dev/Ops environment
- Experience of motivating and managing team performance in delivering to agreed timelines and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past
Don’t wait, we’ll interview and hire the best candidate without a delay. If you have any questions, please contact us email@example.com / 0400 640 171 and we’ll get back to you briefly. We try to do this first step as smooth as possible. Keep in mind that you will eventually need to 'create a candidate profile' on our careers page, conduct a self-assessment of your occupational profile and medical check prior to employment. These won't take long, and are a necessary step considering the crucial part Oriola has in Finnish and Swedish pharmaceutical landscape.