Control and Simulation Software Developer
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB AbilityTM digital platform. ABB's market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
We are looking for a Control and Simulation Software Developer at ABB Oy, Drives in Helsinki. You will be responsible for embedded software development for the ACS880 drives product family. As a member of a Scrum team, you will, for example, participate in control algorithm development for wind turbine electrical drivetrain and power converters.
Furthermore, you will be developing simulation models and environments for in-house and customer simulations and handle maintenance of our existing products and solving challenging problems. Also, quality assurance in all phases of development work is part of your work.
There is more than one way to this position; you can be an experienced professional or have only few years of experience in the business. The most important, however, is your passion in the business and the ability to learn new skills and systems. This is a challenging position in an international working environment where you have the opportunity for personal development and further grow your career. You will have a driven and experienced team supporting you.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in control theory, power systems, automation or software engineering
- A few years' experience in software development in medium to large sized software projects
- Knowledge in C and C++
- Experience in simulation tools, e.g. MATLAB Simulink or PSCAD
- Understanding of control theory, including theoretical analysis (discrete- and continuous-time systems)
- Willingness to understand customer needs and applications where the end product is used
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have (seen as an advantage)
- The knowledge of modern software development tools Python, GIT, Microsoft TFS or Visual Studio
- The knowledge of modeling, simulating and controlling of electrical drives, power converters and power systems
- The experience of embedded real-time systems
- The knowledge and experience of Scrum
- Finnish language skills
Interested in joining our team in this role? Then please apply for this position with the job ID FI68685903 at your earliest convenience and no later than August 4, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle
For more information about this role, please contact Juha Virtakoivu, Design manager, starting from July 22 at + 358 50 332 4414.