At Fortum we drive change where it matters. We are a European energy company providing our customers with electricity, gas, heating and cooling as well as smart solutions to improve resource efficiency. Together with our subsidiary Uniper, we are the third largest producer of CO2-free electricity in Europe. With around 19,000 professionals and activities in more than 40 countries, we have the competence and resources to grow and to drive the energy transition forward. We strive to make an impact through a culture of open leadership, curiosity and continuous improvement. Do you want to take an active role for a cleaner world? Come lead the change with us! www.fortum.com
Business Technology drives digitalization at Fortum, enabling smart solutions for customers, improved asset and trading productivity, and new data driven business models. The organization brings together technical and digital competences and solutions to help optimize Fortum’s entire value chain, create excellent customer experiences and drive new sources of revenue.
We are looking for BI Specialist with experience on Power BI to join our Data Platforms team which is a part of a larger Data Management team and help our internal customers to transform data into insights.Responsibilities:
- Take an active role in building and implementing a robust Power BI governance model that is in line with our high level BI strategy
- Ensure that Power BI governance model and environment comply with local and international laws as well as organizational policies
- Enable self service BI
- Build and execute our Power BI training strategy
- Support migrations projects from legacy reporting tools into Power BI
- Catalog the contents of our Power BI dashboards and reports
- Manage our network of internal and external Power BI developers
- Plan and execute Power BI implementation projects
- Optimize the use of Power BI license pool
You would report to the Manager, Data Platforms.
We offer you
This is the start of your meaningful career journey at Fortum. We actively encourage job rotation and development activities across the company with open leadership as our guiding principle.
This role is a part of international and multidisciplinary Data Management team within Fortum Business Technology. The scope of Data Management is to architect, develop and deploy data standards and Data Platforms that provide data for various business purposes across Fortum. You will have a chance to work in the core of Fortum's development towards more digitalized business, enable Fortum to become the leader in using digital technologies to compete in and transform the energy sector. In that journey you are supported to use and develop further your own professional skills in a modern working environment.
We invite you, together with us, to build a cleaner word. We believe in Open Leadership and in creating a safe and inspiring work environment and company culture that help our people to do their best. Our Values – curiosity, responsibility, integrity and respect – provide a foundation for our company culture.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in IT, finance or engineering
- Hands on experience in data modelling and building visualizations using Power BI
- Highly motivated and proactive mentality towards responsibilities
- Willingness and ability to learn more and grow in the role and beyond
- Understanding of data lineage and related technologies as well as methods from the source systems to the dashboards
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English (written and oral)
- Well-organized and structured working style
- Hands on experience with other data & analytics related technologies, such as Qlik Sense, databases, ETL processes, SQL, APIs
- Experience on any cloud platforms
Please send your application via our online recruitment tool by 31.1.2021 including your salary request. Suitable candidates will be interviewed already during application period. For further information, please contact Mr. Ville Viitanen, Manager, Data Platform, on 20.1. at 13:00-15:00 or 25.1. at 13:00-15:00 at +358 40 575 0477. You may also send questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Finland to be selected for the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and health examination including drug testing.
For contact with Swedish union representatives in Fortum, please call +46 8 671 70 00.
Fortums Akademiker: Per Kenttä
Unionen: Birgitta Henriksson, Torbjörn Graf