Automation Engineer, PLC-programming, ABB Oy, VaasaTake the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for an Automation Engineer, PLC-programming at ABB Oy, Smart Power Division in Vaasa. We offer you a challenging position in one of the most advanced factories in the world. Our digital journey has started already years ago, we lead the way.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology and market leader in low voltage switch-disconnectors and main production site is in Vaasa. Our solutions make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Our intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
- You will be integral part of our Continuous Improvement team responsible to further make our factory the beacon within the industry.
- You will be doing PLC/HMI software design / programming with various languages
- You will be supporting our integration of MES / machine vision / robot programming and testing automation.
- Your technical skills include, some key words: PLC, industrial & mobile robotics, machine vision, industry automation 4.0, OPC UA, IoT, process simulation, embedded software, edge computing, machine learning, LabVIEW, Power BI, Python, C++, C#, DevOps.
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Relevant educational background
- Programming skills with PLC (preferably Omron) and some experience with machine vision integrations
- Earlier experience from automation
- Strong IT, analytical and systems skills with the ability to coordinate and communicate
- Fluent in written and spoken English language skills
- Fluent Finnish is mandatory
- Previous experience from similar roles is an advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let's write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we're also able to offer international job opportunities.
|Yhteystiedot:||If you have questions, please contact LPG Quality & OPEX Manager Ilkka Lassila, +358 50 3343 823|
|Työpaikan osoite:||Muottitie 2 A, 65320 VAASA|
|Työ alkaa:||as soon as possible|
|Työn kesto:||yli 12 kuukautta|
|Jätä hakemus:||Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI76678595 by December 13, 2020 at www.abb.fi/uralle.|