Are you the one who truly believes in changing the world with design? If you are an experienced and skilled Frontend Developer, we can offer you a next place to shine; join our new UX design team at ABB! The Ability Common UX Design team provides vision and guidance in the design of user interfaces and software solutions at ABB. The guiding principle of our team is human-centered design and we take this mindset to others through our close collaboration with ABB Business units worldwide. Join us in taking ABB to the next level with your expertise in UX design.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer at Digital ABB Oy in Krakow, Poland. You will be part of the global team responsible for corporate UX principles and the design system. In this position, you will be one of the key members participating in the creation of the design system, as well as in supporting the execution of designs in several business units across the organization.
- Participating in the creation of the design system
- Supporting the execution of designs
- Collaborating with UX/UI designers and frontend developers in several business units globally
- Creating and developing interactive, reusable UI components and specifications
- Maintaining the common UX design system web portal
- A challenging position in an international working environment
- The opportunity for personal development
- The opportunity to further your career in a global company
- The opportunity to see both hardware manufacturing and software development, and to create the overall customer and user experience
- M.Sc.in software engineering, human-computer interaction, or a related discipline
- Several years’ experience in frontend development and practices
- An understanding of the concepts behind several user interface frameworks, such as React, Angular, Vue, etc.
- Skills with various version control and build management systems (e.g. TFS/VSTS, Git, Jenkins), including administration
- Understanding of the human-centered design process, and of software UX/UI design and testing methodologies
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
- Previous experience of implementing UI component libraries and design systems
- Knowledge of several server-side frameworks and of various server-side implementation languages (e.g. Node.js, ASP.NET)
- Expertise in .net WPF
- Knowledge of SQL in general, and of some specific DBMS (PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, SQLite)
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID PL65309464 at www.abb.fi/uralle Position will be filled as soon as possible, so please apply promptly.
If you have questions, contact Marjukka Mäkelä Head of UX Design, Digital ABB, marjukka.makela(a)fi.abb.com.