Kalmar keeps global trade moving. Our innovative solutions contribute to every fourth container movement in the world and help transform the future of cargo handling. We believe in collaboration, delivering on our promises and that people make the difference.
Making your next move count
Kalmar Automation and project division is looking for Automation Project Engineers or Junior Project Engineers to work with system implementation tasks for large and complex automation customer projects. You will work as part of a team providing technical solutions for the implementation of Kalmar automation products globally. The location is Tampere, Finland but the position requires a lot of global travelling (up to 75% of work time).
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Implement Kalmar automation solutions with customers
- Work closely with customers to define, prioritize, and document business and operational requirements for Kalmar automation solutions
- Define interface requirements to integrate Kalmar automation solutions with customer's existing systems
- Access solution options and define conceptual solution design, in conjunction with client operational and IT systems engineers
- Serve as customer advocate throughout solution design, development, and test phases to ensure delivered solution meets customer objectives.
What you’ll need to succeed
We are looking for a talent who is detail orientated, hardworking and self - motivated. The ideal candidate should be able to work under schedule pressure and be customer orientated with great communicatial skills.
Ideally you have:
- Degree in Automation technology, Electronics, Information Systems, Computer Science or related disciplines
- Experience in a business related to automation/software implementation and integration
- Experience with Linux and Windows
- Networks: WLAN & LAN technology including components e.g. network switches and access points etc
- Database skills: SQL, Oracle, Cassanda, Kairos
- PLC programming skills (Siemens, Omron and ABB)
- Willingness to develop strong technical and troubleshooting skills in several applications and technologies
- Job requires some practical skills such as installing equipment on cranes and working at heights
- Knowledge of networking technologies and relational database structures or web-based enterprise solutions and technologies
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English, other languages such as Spanish, France and Germany are seen as an asset
- Note: We are looking for two different skill sets one been more towards IT skills side and other role more towards hands on type of work.
You will be part of
We believe in our people as it is our people who really make the difference. We always work in close collaboration with our customers, deliver on our promises and never walk away no matter how big the challenge. We succeed because we do it together.
With us, you will have the opportunity to realise your potential and become an important member of our global team.
Interested to join?
For further information please contact Petri Huhtelin, Senior Manager, Operations, Project Services by phone at +358405184308 on 16.8.2018 between 13-14 or 22.8.2018 between 11-12 am or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your application and CV 31.08.2018.
Kalmar is part of Cargotec
Kalmar offers the widest range of cargo handling solutions and services to ports, terminals, distribution centres and to the heavy industry. Kalmar is the industry forerunner in terminal automation and in energy efficient container handling, with one in four container movements around the globe being handled by a Kalmar solution. Through its extensive product portfolio, global service network and ability to enable a seamless integration of different terminal processes, Kalmar improves the efficiency of every move. www.kalmarglobal.com
Kalmar is part of Cargotec Corporation. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2017 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs over 11,000 people. www.cargotec.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulty navigating through the career page, please contact us on email@example.com We will do our best to assist you. Please note, we do not accept job applications at this email address.