Borealis sets the standards. We are Curious and deeply committed to exploring new ideas. This is how we change the industry for the better. At Borealis, every single employee makes the difference, adding value for our clients and society as a whole, innovation by innovation. Experience the unique spirit and be part of the team.
We are now looking for a
The role holder is responsible to build up and provide technical competence in order to secure operational excellence of the production unit. He/she acts as a line manager for shift operators and performs his/her tasks in an independent way. The role holder reports to the Production Manager in Boremix compounding –plant in Porvoo.
- Continuously improve operational excellence (reliability, HSE, quality, cost) by leading daily activities and participating to process development projects
- Responsible for daily operations including daily instructions and reporting
- Developing of operation, for example, development of shift operator work processes, start up and shut down procedures as well as participation on development of grade changes.
- Follow up and development of raw material and final product handling and quality
- Analysing and problem solving of process disturbances
- Daily contacts to production planning, QC and other key partners in daily production
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- University or Bachelor degree in process technology or chemical engineering or equivalent by relevant experience
- Work experience in chemical industry
- People management skills gained through previous line management experience
- Fluency in Finnish and English
- Proficient in SAP/PC tools
We wish you to be quality and achievement oriented person who have a strong motivation to co-operate successfully with others in a team. We hope you already have some proven experience in leading and coaching people successfully. In Borealis, safety is priority number one, so you have a strong focus on health, safety and environmental issues. To be successful in this position, you will also need analytical thinking skills and you are capable to network fluently. Active attitude to have an impact and influence for ongoing matters will help you to raise your professional growth.
Here in Borealis, we offer you a competitive reward package and possibility to develop your professional skills further. We are also proud to mention, that here we enjoy of productive and positive international working environment with inspiring, innovative and respectful people. The position will be located in Kilpilahti industrial area in Porvoo, around 30 minutes away from Helsinki city by car. Borealis also arranges bus transportation for our employees from Helsinki and Porvoo and the surrounding areas.
For more detailed information please contact Production Manager Sanna Ronkainen tel. +358 50 379 0016.
If you are interested in this role and meet most of the above profile criteria, please send in your online application with CV by
May 30th, 2018.
Borealis is a leading provider of innovative solutions in the fields of polyolefins, base chemicals and fertilizers. With its head office in Vienna, Austria, the company currently has around 6,600 employees and operates in over 120 countries. Borealis generated EUR 7.5 billion in sales revenue and a net profit of EUR 1,095 million in 2017.In Finland Borealis’ production facilities are located in Kilpilahti, Porvoo. We produce polyethylene, polypropylene and petrochemical products for international markets. To learn more about Borealis visit www.borealisgroup.com