nLIGHT’s Fiber Division is a leading provider of specialty optical fibers. Our unique and proprietary DND (direct nanoparticle deposition) technology is in position to replace traditional technologies in our markets and we believe it will make LIEKKI™ Fiber the clear market leader. nLIGHT’s Fiber Division is located in Lohja, Finland, where we also have a state-of-the-art production facility. Our products are sold throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
We are looking for an energetic process engineer to our Lohja specialty optical fiber factory. You will be working on process control, process improvement, and process development together with the production team and engineering team. You will become the process owner and responsible of a subset of processes in the areas of preform and fiber manufacturing. The products are silica based doped optical fibers made using nLIGHT’s proprietary DND process. You are expected to have project management experience and skills. You will be working mainly with internal customers so no traveling is required in this position.
nLIGHT Oy employs about 50 people and is a wholly owned subsidiary of nLIGHT Inc., (WA U.S.).
To succeed in this role, you have/are:
- MSc, PhD or DSc in materials science, electrical engineering, physics, mechanical engineering or similar
- 5-10 years of experience with manufacturing equipment optimization, productivity improvement, yield improvement, scrap cost reduction
- Experience from cleanroom manufacturing environment (chemicals, gases, high temperature processes)
- Experience with statistical approaches to problem solving like Six Sigma and DOE
- Positive, proactive, self-motivating, and innovative can-do attitude
- The ability to work well across functions (Production, Quality, Engineering, Development)
- Fluent Finnish and English skills, both verbal and written
- Citizen or permanent resident of Finland (or other Wassenaar country)
- Good reporting, documentation and presentation skills
- Self-management skills, well organized and target driven
- Capability for both analytical and hands-on problem solving
- Ability to learn quickly from past and apply these learnings
- Drive for excellence and eager to tackle new areas
- Project management skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office programs
If interested, send an application and CV by June 3rd to nLIGHT Oy, Attn. Anneli Järvinen, Sorronrinne 9, 08500 Lohja, Finland or firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp More information can be inquired from email@example.comHelp (+358 40-848 5032).