Principal Frontend Developer
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
We are looking for a Principal Frontend Developer at ABB Oy, Digital ABB Platform unit in Helsinki. You will be part of a global team responsible for corporate UX principles and the design system. You will be one of the key members participating in creating this design system, as well as in supporting the execution of designs in several business units across the organization. In this position, you will be collaborating with UX/UI designers and frontend developers in several business units globally.
- Participating in creating the UX design system, as well as in supporting the execution of designs
- Creating and developing interactive, reusable UI components and specifications
- Maintaining the common UX design system web portal
- A challenging position in an international working environment
- The opportunity for personal development
- The opportunity to further your career in a global company
- The opportunity to see both hardware manufacturing and software development, and to create the overall customer and user experience
- M.Sc.in software engineering, human-computer interaction, or a related discipline
- Several years' experience of frontend development and practices
- Good knowledge of several server-side frameworks and of various server-side implementation languages (e.g. Node.js, ASP.NET), preferably in the Microsoft Azure environment
- Good knowledge of SQL in general, and of some specific DBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server)
- Solid skills with various version control and build management systems (e.g. TFS/VSTS, git, Jenkins), including administration
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
- Previous experience of implementing UI component library and design system
- Expertise in .NET WPF
- Deep understanding of the human-centered design process, and of software UX/UI design and testing methodologies
- Experience working in industry and B2B environment
- Excellent collaboration skills and proactive attitude
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65309817 at www.abb.fi/uralle Position will be filled as soon as possible, so please apply promptly.
If you have questions, contact Marjukka Mäkelä Head of UX Design, Digital ABB, marjukka.makela(a)fi.abb.com.