Suunto was founded in 1936 by Tuomas Vohlonen, a Finnish orienteer and inventor of liquid-filled field compass. Since then Suunto has been at the forefront of design and innovation for sports watches, dive computers and instruments, which are used by adventure seekers all over the globe. From the highest mountains to the deepest oceans, Suunto equips adventurers to conquer new territory. Suunto’s headquarters and manufacturing plant is in Vantaa, Finland. Employing more than 400 people worldwide, Suunto products are sold in over 100 countries. The company is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation along with its sister brands Salomon, Arc’teryx, Atomic, Wilson, Peak Performance, Precor, and Mavic.
We are looking for a
Head of Product Marketing
to join our Marketing team at Vantaa.
As a Head of Product Marketing your main responsibilities are to ensure new products are developed consistent with Suunto’s brand positioning and simultaneously reflect the voice of the consumer. You own the marketing toolkit for new product launches, and develop key brand and product assets to inspire and connect with consumers. You also work closely with the Marketing Director to define and build the overall Suunto brand positioning. If you think that you could be the Head of Product Marketing that we are looking for, keep on reading and apply! We will proceed quickly with this recruitment, so submit your application as soon as possible.
- Helps to define the Suunto brand positioning and equity guidelines – based on consumer insights – that will drive brand curiosity, relevance, consideration and loyalty. Ensures the Brand Compass is kept up-to-date and champions its use across the organization.
- Is the “voice of the brand” during upstream new product development to ensure new offerings are consistent with and further contribute to building Suunto brand equity. Works with Consumer Insights to translate consumer needs into brand-building concepts and projects.
- Ensures that new initiatives are conceptually concise and focused on delivering consumer relevant benefits that can be leverage in communications. Translates technical terminology into brand strategy language for commercial and agency teams.
- Leads the creative process to turn brand and product concepts into campaigns and assets that inspire and connect with consumers, ultimately building brand equity and creating product demand. Ensures Packaging messaging and layouts are Brand consistent.
- Leads HQ functional experts to develop best-in-class Go-to-Market (GTM) toolkits that are practical and easily executable by local marketing teams, ensuring implementation difficulties, local insights and country-specific needs are taken into account during toolkit development.
- Works with Commercial Marketing Managers to deploy GTM toolkits and collect feedback to ensure continuous improvement.
In this role your main internal interfaces would be the headquarter Marketing teams, local Marketing teams, Product Development, Design team, Commercial and Sales managers, and the Instore Excellence team. External interfaces would be creative agencies, production agencies, and of course, our consumers.
What we expect from the candidate
You have strong Brand management experience, preferably a minimum of 8 years. You have new product development experience and/or a track record working with agencies to turn consumer insights into product communication campaigns. You have the ability think of the bigger picture yet also pay attention to detail. You have a positive mind-set towards your work and people around you, yet are not afraid of driving change to make things more efficient. You have experience working in an international matrix organization. You have at least a bachelor’s degree in marketing/business administration. Fluent English and Finnish are needed to perform the role. Consumer electronics experience a plus.
Suunto offers an excellent working environment as one of Finland’s most desired employers. Suunto strives to create a workplace with an atmosphere characterized by our values – customer first, passion to win, cooperation and accountability.
If you think there is a match made in brand management heaven, apply now via this link. Latest date to apply is 25th May 2018.
For further information reach out to our consultant Timo Toivanen at Taplow Finland, +358 40 825 6357.